10 replies to this topic

#1 grahamtowa

grahamtowa

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

A friend has asked me the following, can anybody give a definitive answer? Was the boat named "Pride of the Clyde"," Pride o' the Clyde", or "Pride o' t' Clyde"? Thanx.

#2 schoolteacher

schoolteacher

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

"Pride of the Clyde"  Graham

#3 grahamtowa

grahamtowa

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Thanx for that! Just outta curiosity, how do you know? I've tried lookin at old pics of her but couldn't find one that showed her name clearly, lol!

#4 bitter end

bitter end

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

can you read it on this one when enlarged  ?  I canna git it big enough.  ---   http://www.trawlerph...-clyde&cat=1202

#5 grahamtowa

grahamtowa

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

i was actually looking at that very pic yesterday, but couldn't make it out, lol!

#6 johntar tt10

johntar tt10

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationtarbert

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

"Pride of the Clyde" was built for the Kerr's of Tarbert, my daughter-in-law's great, great grandfather.

#7 grahamtowa

grahamtowa

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Thanx, John!

#8 Alexis Tarbert Lass

Alexis Tarbert Lass

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

I am the daughter of the late Charles Kerr son of Archie Kerr late of Archlea Tarbert Loch Fyne. The boat was indeed The Pride of the Clyde - Alexis Lloyd nee Kerr
The Kerrs fished the herring paired with the Johnson family. My Dad Charlie was the ships cook until he left the village to join the police. I think the boat was sold late 50s early 60s when I was about 7 or so. The last brother, my uncle John died just a few years ago.

#9 grahamtowa

grahamtowa

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Thanx, Alexis!

#10 Alexis Tarbert Lass

Alexis Tarbert Lass

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

You may be interested to know that Archlea is one of 2 surviving fisherman's cottages in Tarbert. Worth a look if you visit Tarbert - in School Road - almost opposite the school

#11 swivel

swivel

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

hi alexis pride of the clyde was sold 1952 and ur grandfather got the maisie tt83 built same yr my father was aboard her number of yrs till 59 with john and duncan .i also remember when use stayed springside we were up the brae at mealdarroch knew ur older sister frances long time ago .

Reply to this topic