#1 TT

TT

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

Hi all

Been skulking around here for a week or so now. Decided to take the plunge.

Have to own up straight away, Im not a fisherman (unless you count dragging out the odd mackrel and slapping it on the grill.) I just love the lines of the boats and dream of refurbising some old beauty for my wanderings up and down the West coast.

At the moment we have a 40year old wooden motor boat that has taken me the last 10 years or so to get it into good order. We keep her on the Clyde. Im looking forward to joining in with the banter, though my Doric is a bit rough (havnt heard any since my old granny died about 15 years ago).

Im hoping you are a knowledgable lot and willing to share your wisdom, as Im always fixing something and needing all the advise and help I can get.

Im a spark in real life and have a decent grounding in diesel engines, domentic systems and how to keep a rotty old wooden boat going. So Ill muck in if There is anything I feel I can help with.

Cheers  Colin

#2 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:40 PM

http://www.trawlerpi...opic,163.0.html  for doric translations but me a use pigden onywi and the coooooo well nae even his ain femily unnerstan him  ;D welcome aboard and join the craic fan yi see fit
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#3 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

welcome aboard colin, from one doer upper of a rotty old wooden boat to another!

#4 3762dazzer

3762dazzer

Mate

• Moderators
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEast Cornwall

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:41 AM

Welcome aboard TT :woodenspoon:
Should worry about the Doric mate I'd never heard of it until I came on here
I do evening classes, they run from home between after tea until the loons on here are put to bed fae the niye :cheers:
See now almost fluent :woodenspoon:
Put sa fatas o yuwer booty on sa we can see hae :woodenspoon:
Daz  :woodenspoon:

#5 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:24 AM

welcome to the site TT you never know you might see your next project on here for restoration

#6 DCI paterson

DCI paterson

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationcampbeltown

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:32 AM

how do mate,hope you enjoy trawling through this site,all the best
christ mrs jefferson,have you ever seen a doag wae such baz

#7 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

Hi Colin

Welcome to the site - any chance that you could post some photographs of your project?

Reply to this topic