Pictured: Trawlermen leap to safety from burning vessel as it sinks in the north

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:51 PM

From the Daily Mail on Line

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1152736/Pictured-Trawlermen-leap-safety-burning-vessel-sinks-north-Atlantic.html[/url]

#2 armada

armada

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationVigo-Spain

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

Our boys always on media, noone lost, another spanish wreck in north sea. Think this ship was on sea only for a year. Noone know what happened yet, just sunk in minutes.
berbes_seafood@yahoo.es
all you need about Vigo please contact.
msn only: granarmada@hotmail.com

#3 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

Feckin good comments  at the bottom mindless feckin p***k that hasnt never been in that position :uglystupid2: ???
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#4 armada

armada

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationVigo-Spain

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:20 PM

our ship was not too far but anyway if it was not because the coastguard most of them willl be diying on the freezing wather, still dont know what happened but as i always said if there is only iron what keeps on the bottom of the sea is no problems. All 22 are safe good condition but still we all are thinking why this happened to this newby
berbes_seafood@yahoo.es

#5 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

Was aboard a spanish built boat a few years ago ,sunk when less than a year old after coming fast on the bottom
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#6 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:51 PM

Some more stories that appear to be pretty outlandish - I mean would a boat be deliberately sunk to avoid a Court case and Fine for illegal fishing, I think not  ;D

[url=http://www.novanewsnow.com/article-307109-Feds-expert-attack-idea-Spanish-trawler-deliberately-sunk-to-avoid-inspection.html[/url]

#7 armada

armada

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationVigo-Spain

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

Yes we always in the pont of view. The theory of Stoffer can be possible. It can be also possible tha a canadian submarine sent a torpedo to the ship, all can be possible, the matter is that canada want to extend the area under their control thats fair enought if accepted by international laws but i dont think a crew can blow up their own ship in order to avoid an inspection! Specially if they do have inspections weekly over in NAFO . Some other people also says that they where smuggling drugs but those theories are a little crazy in my point of view.
I suppose an accident occured in the engine and thats it. Hopefully al were rescued and safe but i have read some comments that say that it was better to chop them away on sea to feed the fish.
I feel very sorry about comments and.
Anyway just in order to make some people remember the most illegal thing done in NAFO waters was shooting a fishing trawler in 1995 called ESTAI which was fishing in international waters. Afther this shooting ship was illegally boarded and appressed in something that just 100 years ago will be treated as act of war and piracy by international laws. Then 10 years after even a canadian court gave the reason to ESTAI shipowners. This ships as many other ships (and ytou know that not only spanish) are suffering from quota sistem problems which make sea work very difficult and frustrating.
In my point of view controll must be done on days on sea and mesh/gear sizes. Everything else carrys fish dumping and killing with nosense. I wish all the fish chopped away due to reasons lique quota was alive and with possibilities to survive, then i will agree to all but this nosense of killing and dumping like is happening in scotland with cod and other products, what is happening in ireland with hake or monk, with mackrel in spanish coasts must be stopped in any way. But what can i tell you im only fish sseller but i have heard skippers crying because they had to chop away one shot with 50 or 60 boxes of greens just because they are only allowed to get 1 per trip because the quota, and im sure tha they will like to have a net that make cod not go in, that will make them more happily due to the nosense of chopping away just profitable dead fish that will not make the fishing grounds better.

rgrds
berbes_seafood@yahoo.es

Reply to this topic