deadliest catch alaskan storm for the x box 360.

24 replies to this topic

#1 DCI paterson

DCI paterson

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationcampbeltown

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:31 PM

Battle 40-foot waves, storms, ice and a nearly 100 percent crew member injury rate in the dangerous hunt for undersea riches on the Bering Sea with the new video game Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm, to be launched on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC.

The game was inspired by Sig, Edgar and Norman Hansen -- three brothers who have made their living crab fishing on the Bering Sea aboard their family's fishing vessel, the Northwestern. The Hansen brothers started game development with Liquid Dragon Studios in October 2005.

Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm lets gamers captain their own boat in the frenzied search for an undersea jackpot. Gamers select one of five real crab boats, including the Northwestern, Cornelia Marie and Sea Star '' all featured on the series, or create and customize their own boat. Gamers then recruit and lead their own crew from a roster of 20 real crab fishermen. Selecting the wrong boat or recruiting the wrong crew member can mean the difference between landing a Bering Sea jackpot or disaster. Lead your fatigued, hungry and hardworking crew in the strategic search for king crab and opilio crab, while battling to secure your catch and livelihood before other captains and crews get to the crab first.

Authenticity and realism were critical to the Hansen brothers. The game features four real Bering Sea harbors and 34,000 miles of Bering Sea coastline created from the United States Geological Survey. In addition, Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm is the first video game to feature United States Coast Guard vessels and helicopters.

With waves over 40 feet high, Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm features the best wave effects in a video game to date. In the words of Capt. Sig Hansen, "It may not be life or death, but chills went up my spine the first time I saw Northwestern sink in the game."

Weather and fishing conditions are based on authentic weather and storm data and get progressively worse each season, increasing the challenge. The ultimate goal is to return safely each season, upgrade your boat and crew, and attempt to break Capt. Sig Hansen and the Northwestern crew's actual lifetime catch of 20 million pounds.
christ mrs jefferson,have you ever seen a doag wae such baz

#2 Baskets16

Baskets16

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:58 PM

aparently you can't get it for xbox in the uk the game will play on a pal tv but not a pal xbox

#3 DCI paterson

DCI paterson

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationcampbeltown

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:38 PM

if you type in deadliest catch alaskan storm for x box 360, you can download a demo game for the p.c.full game doesnt come in till end of april 09.

#4 Baskets16

Baskets16

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:22 PM

yeah i got the demo but my sh**ey graphic card did nae meet the minimum requirements so i couldni play

#5 DCI paterson

DCI paterson

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationcampbeltown

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

as good a boat simulator as you will see john.just need to get your old man to get you an updated sytem bud.

#6 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:40 PM

aparently you can't get it for xbox in the uk the game will play on a pal tv but not a pal xbox
Most TVs now are NTSC / PAL compatible
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#7 Baskets16

Baskets16

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:41 PM

my old man n computers is jeest naw

#8 Baskets16

Baskets16

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

Most TVs now are NTSC / PAL compatible
yeah it will play on a pal tv with an american xbox but not with a pal(uk)xbox

#9 DCI paterson

DCI paterson

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationcampbeltown

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

och they will have to bring it oot over here,or we will never hear the end of it fae quiet waters ;D

#10 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:54 PM

having edgar hanson's email address it was just a case of complaining to the organ grinder, sig wasn't in but the monkey said there are plans for a european version. i'm naw allowed near the xbox anyway, but we'll see when i install the projector so i can play madden and tiger woods on an 8ft screen!!!
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#11 dong86

dong86

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationthe wee toon

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:10 PM

IT BETTER COME OUT FOR XBOX OVER HERE OR ILL NAW BE A HAPPY CHAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :woodenspoon:    :woodenspoon:          :woodenspoon:         :woodenspoon:
LETS GET ON THE CLAMS

#12 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:14 AM

the demo takes for ever to play and all you end up doing is mooring the boat up, a game of jock shield's punts, feck, showing my age there, need the real thing, once you get your gold medal for capsizing and runnin bouys doon (the loch fyne section) theres b@gger all else to do.
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#13 stratton

stratton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:52 PM

it is available on PC too, download takes forever to download tho lol, well at least those less experienced men can ave a go at mooring up before they do the real thing lol :coconut:

#14 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:39 PM

it is available on PC too, download takes forever to download tho lol, well at least those less experienced men can ave a go at mooring up before they do the real thing lol :coconut:

Takes ages to play on the PC too - good game though for us 'wannabies'   :whistle:

#15 stratton

stratton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

i couldn play it as im using a laptop and didn av any numeric keys on the side or a middle mouse button lol, ill jus av to wait and buy a mouse lol

#16 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

It is possible to play on a laptop as I had to do it that way before I got a better PC
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#17 stratton

stratton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

on the demo version i tried to do wt it was tellin me too but i had no middle mouse button, guess i need to buy a mouse lol, or is there another way?

#18 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:15 PM

you can use keys for most and using the touch pad and arrow keys to speed up cant remember how exactly as its been a while press escape to give you the menu am sure it gives you all the keys there

#19 stratton

stratton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:40 PM

yer it did but it gave no other button for the camera abck to middle, all i could do was turn the wheelhouse light on an off lol, it the tutorial thing in the demo before u cn actually be let loose with sig's boat lol

#20 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:13 PM

its either right click or left click on the buttons for the touch pad and drag your way round I think

#21 stratton

stratton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

but when i try and press the camera reset button it dont seem to work, i can move around just not start the boat up or nuthin till iv completed what its tellin me too, ill keep tryin ne way

#22 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:21 PM

was reading all the posts and trying to remember how i reset the camera, wasn't till i got to last one that i remembered, press the left and right buttons on your laptop at same time, i discovered this by accident after spending ages trying to do it, presses every button on the keyboard, even phoned the wife at work!!!! after that the mooring up was a piece of p!ss, easy with the bow thruster but it takes ages to steam into the quay, i went below for an hour on the way in, had a sh!t and a shower and had the cook put on the breakfast before we got to the pier!!!

#23 stratton

stratton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:59 PM

lol thanx QW reading material needed then lol ill give it a go

#24 dong86

dong86

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationthe wee toon

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:32 PM

i couldn play it as im using a laptop and didn av any numeric keys on the side or a middle mouse button lol, ill jus av to wait and buy a mouse lol

i use laptop to if tou hold the fn button 2nd button bottom from the left and puse letter i thats the middle mouse button
LETS GET ON THE CLAMS

#25 stratton

stratton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:16 PM

thanks will give that a go  :idiot2:

Reply to this topic