True North, fishing drama, biggest load of tripe ever filmed!!!!!

39 replies to this topic

#31 pmac

pmac

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationisle of wight

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

shows you the things that jog your memory, i bought the living on the edge book from amazon before xmas, now i know i didn't start reading it as i was still trying to trawl thru the O'helpme book, but i can't remember if i took delivery of it and if i did i have no recollection of when? chances are the wife has tidied it away somewhere and i'll need to dig it out by looking in all the stupid places, no point looking in the bookcase or the unit right beside me, no, it'll be under a bed or behind a chair in the conservatory or like my blood glucose testing kit which she lifted while dusting one day, eventually found it in a handbag in her wardrobe only after making her retrace her steps for the whole day, i'll start the search as soon as i get back from seeing the orthopaedic consultant, only been waiting since june so better not be late!!!!
i must have maried her twin.

#32 big wheels

big wheels

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:01 PM

AH you both should know by now wives never lose anything, she who is never wrong tidied up for christmas. My gun licence sitting on the windowsill (yea I know I shouldent have left it there) disapered. Well plod was not impressed, it seems that Al Kieder were gonna use it to restock their anti tank rockets, but as I said the wife never touched it. Should turn up any day now amongst the crockery I recon. :chocmuff:
Fish tremble at the mere mention of my name.

#33 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:14 AM

oh i know that scenario, i got home from hospital the end of january and wasn't out the house for the first two weeks, eventually i had to go to local supermarket to check my machines as i hadn't been near them since xmas week, wife drops me off and tells me to phone her and she'll come and collect me, one of my side effects is a dry throat which even now nearly 8 weeks after getting the tubes out my throat still bothering me, so i'm thirsty all the time, not having any money on me i go to the cash machine while i wait so i can buy a can of diet coke (can't get enough, must be the bang on the head i got when they were moving me from one bed to another, as well as splitting me open its turned me into a diet coke head) guess what, my card won't work, expired while i was in hospital, no drink, i get in the car and announce my card won't work as it expired, ask the stupid question "did my new card come in the post?" no, nothing came for you, i'm told, puzzled me as you usually get the replacement well in advance, i hunted the house when i got home and in a box in a cupboard find the opened letter from the bank with my new card in it, she managed to open it and stick it in a box in a cupboard, but swears nothing came in the post!!!

today she phoned home at 3.30pm to ask if i remembered i had a dentist appointment at 4.15pm, i would have if i'd been told, kids had one too and neither knew a thing, but we must be wrong!!!!!
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#34 stratton

stratton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

my neck of the woods a trawl is differ from  a net, tells me they did do research lol but i havnt seen the film, i would like to tho as there seems to be alot of talk about it,  :-\

#35 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:11 PM

my neck of the woods a trawl is differ from  a net, tells me they did do research lol but i havnt seen the film, i would like to tho as there seems to be alot of talk about it,  :-\

Hi Shane

Wouldn't bother if I was you - I finally got around to watching it the other week and it is pretty dire stuff - wooden actors, pi*s poor storyline and just so unbelievable  :knuppel2:

#36 stratton

stratton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:15 PM

cheers steve ill go down the boat and mend my trawl's instead then lol :knuppel2:

#37 boat happy

boat happy

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationengland

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:43 AM

yes it was load of crap    :idiot2: :crazy2: :crazy2:
fishermens friends

#38 caveat emptor

caveat emptor

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

As big a pile of crap as it was.

The basic premise, North East boat smuggled illegal immigrants is not as far fetched as you may assume.

Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction... ;)

#39 nicky l

nicky l

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:34 AM

dimmer? :milkybar:

#40 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:42 AM

now now Nicky ,Dimmer widna dee a thing like that :milkybar:
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

Reply to this topic