Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:14 AM

Kevin R. O'Brien - Photographer

10a Church Street Eyemouth Berwickshire TD14 5DH

e: kevin@fineart-images-gallery.co.uk

Hi. I have just joined the forum. I have a real interest in the coast and all industries associated with it. I moved to Scotland from Somerset in 2000 and spent 7 years in in Fife before moving to Eyemouth early 2008. I hope to meet some of you during my visits to various ports and harbours. If anyone has any information that will help me in my project below please get in touch or if you want to be involved that would be great. I'm particularly looking for retired fisherman & people who worked in eyemouth, and stories of Eyemouth fisherman to record for prosperity. Please read below.

Kevin.

Eyemouth a Port in a Storm.  (A Portfolio)

I would just like to introduce myself. I’m a photographer living at 10a Church Street Eyemouth (next door to the chemist!)

I want to produce a photo documentary on the fishermen of Eyemouth and all associated businesses within the harbour.

This will be a year long project starting Jan 09 in which I wish to photograph all the original fishing families still working within the harbour and the fishing industries which support the fisherman on dry land.  I’m also hoping to photograph some of the retired fisherman still living within the area.

I’m not here to show anyone in the wrong light, but to give an honest view of how it really is within the harbour and fishing industry in Eyemouth. Therefore, I need to know how you are all feeling about the future of the industry, the way in which it has changed over the years and then I can produce ‘a warts and all’ portfolio and report.

I am producing this with a view to publishing the final work and also to hold an exhibition at my gallery at 10a Church Street. A copy of the finished article will also be donated to the Museum.

I do hope you will all get involved in this project and hopefully it will become something of interest to everyone.

Feel free to pop in and see me at the gallery or contact me by phone or email.

Regards

Kevin R. O’Brien

#2 calumbo

calumbo

Mate

• Administrators
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDunure

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:44 AM

Welcome to the site, I hope you'll find people here who can help with your project.

#3 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:27 AM

Hi Kevin

Good luck with your project - Social History is something that often goes unrecorded and lost to posterity, so all power to your elbow and lets hope the good folk of Eyemouth are forthcoming with their recollections.

#4 Nivek

Nivek

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

Thank's Calumbo & Steve.

I hope people get involved. I think they will and if anyone in this group knows anything of interest please do get in touch.

Kevin.

Reply to this topic