They seek him here,they seek him there.......

80 replies to this topic

#31 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

Christ it wid take an elephant gun tae get rid o' you Mr.S and ye wid need twa shots at that !!

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#32 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

aye and i'd still get the bastard afor they could relaod!!! i got fed up waiting for a reply so i ate the abernethies dry, i'm catching a helluva king crab here ee noo.

naw as good as the christina s she had £1,000,000 for her first trip at the mackerel, £320,000 for her first tow, first shot wae the gear on a brand new boat, 2 oor tow, 3,200 tonne at £1,000 a tonne, pumped aboard and away to discharge, makes ye seek!!!
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#33 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:48 PM

320 grand?..ach ye wid have had nearly that for yer week at Gigha when the prawns were creeping and ye were in yer prime !!

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#34 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:01 PM

divide by 2 and make that week a year maybe?
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#35 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:05 PM

Can remember the first time we cracked a grand with the old man early 70s and we thought the King was our cousin on Friday...a big week. You wouldnae pay the fuel man with that now.Oh how times change.

#36 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationthe rosses,co.donegal

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:08 PM

320 grand-just about cover her plastic flowers and fancy leather sates up in the wheelhouse :'(
bend it,and if you can`t bend it,break it.

#37 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:09 PM

my my you play it down weel QW lol

and your right ronnie the fuel man would jist look at you and say (ahem) where the rest we were burning twice that and more in the height o the summer there this year for 4 days

#38 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:21 PM

You've got to burn it to catch anything.There's many things that you can cut down on but no the "motion lotion" I'm afraid.You cant do without it.It's like a wife...a necessary evil lol

#39 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:32 PM

Nothing wrong wi' a bi-lingual Englishman..proves they can integrate wi' us Scots lads !!

cunning linguists??   :'(

#40 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:49 PM

play it doon? i think i was a bit ambitious with that figure, as for ronnie's £1,000, i was in six year in primary school about 1972-73 and i can't remember the circumstances but we must have been doing something about what our fathers did or earned or something, anyway when it came to my turn i said my father was a fisherman and he made £1,000 every week, i was meaning the gross of course so i wasn't telling a lie, he did, the fact he probably only took home a hunner odd was neither here nor there to my ten yr old brain. talk forgotten about until the next week or so when he came home and questioned me about who i was telling that he made £1,000 a week? he'd been getting ribbed on the VHF all week!!!
how the feck was i supposed to know that Mrs. Johnson, my teacher was actually Maureen Galbraith from a well known Carradale fishing family? her father, who's first name escapes me was a fisherman, wee caloogie her uncle and the gull is her cousin. i was told that in future i was to keep the mooth shut, by the time i left school five years later that £1,000 would have been a poor week with four men to pay.

i'm sitting here watching a man pee on his hand cos he got a jag fae a barb on a catfish in the louisiana swamp, wot an arsehole bear grylls is, with any luck he'll step in quicksand or something, he's wading thru a floating marsh trying to let on his life is at stake, yet he's got a feckin camera crew with him!!!! wot a tosser

#41 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:17 PM

Back in the Summer of 1969 the old man and I were working the Kittiwake 2 handed and 250-300 was a nice wee week for us.Cheap fuel,no insurance and only the radar on hire kept the expences down and we were quite happy with that.We had 3 of us aboard at one point(no.3 was the one and only "Markie Dan"Macallister)and going back to Colonsay pier around lunch time after landing in Oban,we came across a boat towing at the White Beaches/Gulf tow.We never knew that tow existed,the pier and the west side of Colonsay were our hunting grounds,but we shot astern of this Broch lad the Onyx(the late Jim Slater who had the purser Aquarius in later years had her then)and talk about landing on our feet.A day and a half we worked there on cracking bonny stuff and got 500 for our efforts...never be poor again.Next time we went back we got hee-haw,the wee buggers had disappeared.It was all part of the learning curve back then,the whole of the West Coast and we were only scratching the surface.Good fun and braw craic though, when the pressures weren't anything like as severe as they are now. Sure nostalgia is a wonderful thing !!

#42 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:33 PM

what kind of soup?

#43 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

Hame made lentil soup old boy,made wi' a smoked ham end...now ye're talking.(far better for ye than sex anyway)The only thing wrong wi' soup though...a guid fart and ye're starvin' again !!

#44 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:51 PM

weesht, had the very thing at the weekend mysel, the soup that is, i'm naw sayin it was good but it was made to take some over to my mother who ended up naw even getting a sniff oh it, a case of "i'll make another pot for her" i coona face homemade lentil soup for years as it was aye a sure sign ye were working the weekend if there was a bag oh lentils and a ham end in any stores sent up to tayinloan on a thursday night and it wid need to go on as soon as you shot on the friday morning as the skipper wid want the meat in a sandwich come mid morning, with a cup of soup to go with it, sacrilege to a second day, third even better advocate like mysel, soup is never at its best the day you make it, it wiz the wife's recipe naw my own so it was good but could a been better, tho i never said that, i gave it 10/10 tae keep her happy, i like wee tiny cubes of potato in it, just cooked and added at the end, its three pots for me, none of this chuckin everything in one pot, lentils cooked seperate, stirred all the time till cooked then added to the stock made wae the ham end and onions and carrots, might need to get the soup pot oot the morra efter that, the right wan, holds 4 gallons, so that'll see me thru the weekend while ah the weemin are off tae embra for the weekend.

#45 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:53 PM

Takes a bit o' whackin' a guid pot o' kail on a winters day,sticks tae yer ribs like glue! All these things are unknown to the modern generation(no that I'm THAT old) such as potted meat or sheep's head.Like the wee wumman going in tae the butchers and asking "Have ye got a sheep's heid?" the butcher says "naw,it's jist the wey ah part ma hair"

#46 johntar tt10

johntar tt10

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationtarbert

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:07 PM

4 feckin gallon a soup !!!!! Christ youse are no gonnae starve, where are you gonna get all the pan bread for dippers?
Nae wonder yer the size of a GABLE END,

#47 johntar tt10

johntar tt10

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationtarbert

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:12 PM

By the way, dinae let Bob Geldof hear about the 4 gallon soup pot or yer off tae Africa tae feed the world

#48 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:14 PM

if the soup is on the stove this week morris i'll be over for my supper hahahah

#49 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:37 PM

i'll gable end ye wan, i'll have ye know ricki and robbie roper are only 3ft 6", they'll be tying up at the end of next month for the panto season, jammy is playing shiney buttons, and they're gettin a couple of our members with their fondness for toilet humour, that'll be yoursel and dan to play the ugly cisterns. theres a run off among the carradale "things is poor, we'll need to sell the boat" skippers for the part of baron hardup, Mr Jack thought he was "up" for that part till he discovered it wisna "on" there will be open auditions at all fishermens missions for the part of cinders and the handsome prince, the role of wicked stepmother will be a guest role "mirror mirror on the wall, where are my members,? theres noo feck all" one panto character  will be in great demand as a lot of skippers have been heard to say that what with fuel costs etc they'll need to try and save money by getting aladdin, mebbe the part of the genie in the lamp is played by the sneck, jeck!!!

soupsaff!!! and there'll be nae broon breid and nae gravy

#50 johntar tt10

johntar tt10

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationtarbert

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:05 PM

Too slippery an slithery for a genie the "snake", should know that jeke, widnae be able to get him into or keep him in the bottle.

#51 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:23 PM

so the stories aboot him living the last twenty year inside one are naw true then?

i've been told te tell ye yer identification of the boats in that auld carradale pic might be off the mark, as usual when i bump into the uncle i'd forgotten what i wanted to ask him, he did mention the names paragon and polly cook to me but wether one of them was CN71 well you'd need to ask an equally slithery ferry skipper to confirm, naw that i'd buy one of his tomes even for research porpoises. douglas started firing numbers at me CN173, CN 169, CN 177 which was the girl zena but might well have been the maid of morven too? he'd distracted me by saying i was losing weight and i'd previously been a fat b astard, while i was trying to batter him with a pack of stewing steak for his cheek, all in the middle of tesco, so the matter of the picture didn't get resolved.

#52 johntar tt10

johntar tt10

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationtarbert

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:33 PM

Call the "snakes" new house.......... Viper's Nest...... seys it all ould Buoy.
Only a guess at the Carradale boats,Douglas will be right so got to defer to age.
Only thing I know for definate about it, Maid of the Mist was Jackson's Village Belle before they got the
Millers Margaret Newton an x-CN boat, that was the one before the big Nobles VB.

#53 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

tarbart fleet built snakes house i own the sky light windows lol
Mr Richard JohnstonEEEEEEEEE Jnr

Sure its a grand oul team ti play for

#54 johntar tt10

johntar tt10

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationtarbert

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:38 PM

Carradale and Campbeltown fleets furnished "Viper's Nest"  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#55 johntar tt10

johntar tt10

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationtarbert

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:09 PM

Cecil and Trapper must have built the first yin then Ricki,
By the way some alledged local gossip, note only the alledged..........
"they call his Yard efter Woolies "Pic-and-Mix" section up here, where he alledgedly dresses the Irish landings with CN landings from locals down the road."
"They may say that but I coudn't possibly comment" you here me say !!!!!

#56 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:59 PM

couldn possibly comment that either john i heard last month he couldnt take tails over 100 as flips kept eating the smaller 1s tring 2boil them thinkin it was rice but thats maybe jeest a yarn  ;D:D

#57 johntar tt10

johntar tt10

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationtarbert

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

QW is awfy quiet, Cooking with Gas? Kitchen bound stirring an a mixing the veg intae that 4 gallon soup pot, thats a big pot mind.
Wonder what type of steering he has for it, Navitron?

#58 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

would need 2be good steering john so he didnt take half the pot with him  ;D

#59 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:53 PM

QW disnae need a pilot for steering John...he can "steer it" awright withoot wan !!!

#60 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

ur right yr i gave him ma spoon he broke his ;D ;D

Reply to this topic