#31 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:12 PM

another 'shieldy' idea

Posted Image

done in a fairly loose style again, but could be done as a sharp proper shiny shield, with an image for the boaty bit etc, personally I prefer the looser style,

#32 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:18 PM

Hi Mark

Sounds like an echo in her but - Coming along the right lines in my opinion - certainly the shape and lettering are good - not quite sure about the boat though

The problem with the current version is that the Ship/Boat doesn't say to me "Fishing Boat" - I know that you are limited to size but I think something needs to be added - the shield and lettering are as I say great  ;D

#33 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:42 PM

thing to bear in mind is that this, when used is likely to be less than a quarter of the size above, so you have to go for something that is a recognisable shape, and more just an impression of a boat.  Even the lettering will probably be hard to read when shrunk down,  just ideas still though

#34 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:48 PM

thing to bear in mind is that this, when used is likely to be less than a quarter of the size above, so you have to go for something that is a recognisable shape, and more just an impression of a boat.  Even the lettering will probably be hard to read when shrunk down,  just ideas still though

Hi Mark

Yes its a hard one (as the Actress said to the bishop) - I wonder if it could be an idea to concentrate on making the logo more of a 'text' thing - some dramatic format for Trawler Pictures.net. In other words have the logo only as text? - as I say a hard one this, I suppose that is why we have graphic designers  ;D

#35 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:06 PM

Hi Mark

Yes its a hard one (as the Actress said to the bishop) - I wonder if it could be an idea to concentrate on making the logo more of a 'text' thing - some dramatic format for Trawler Pictures.net. In other words have the logo only as text? - as I say a hard one this, I suppose that is why we have graphic designers  ;D

Hi Mark

Take a look at the logo on this PDF - that is what I meant about a 'text style log'  ;)

http://www.shipspott...mit english.pdf

#36 calumbo

calumbo

Mate

• Administrators
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDunure

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:38 PM

Logos consisting solely of text rank as the most recognizable in the world, I'm going to go down that route this evening I think (as I did initially, the original logo which I discarded was a serif font with a compass, thought it was a bit naff so I ditched it but i'll upload it to see what you think)

#37 3762dazzer

3762dazzer

Mate

• Moderators
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEast Cornwall

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

Ship Spotting had a SUMMIT now that is impressive ;D

#38 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

Ship Spotting had a SUMMIT now that is impressive ;)

Well its 'summit' that Trawler Pictures hasn't got  ;D

Yes 'Summit' is perhaps describing something that it is not - its more of an annual meeting of members. Thing to rember is that the description has been devised by a Norwegian - so perhaps its a 'language thing'.

#39 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:55 PM

the first "summit" of this site will happen in glasgow this year and prob not many will remember it the next day lol

#40 bryan DE127

bryan DE127

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:05 PM

OH DEAR.

#41 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators