21 replies to this topic

#1 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:16 PM

Well guys after many years of Barry haranguing me to go buy a mac i finally did this year
(two laptops wrecked in 4 month not good)

and yes i have to say it is good not totally different but subtle changes from windows, faster as well, oh and yes a bit more expensive but well worth it for only having it for 3 month

there are a lot of short cut keys to rem but once you get into the way of it you just do it automatically
as i posted in the other section the i photo is plain and simple to use and puts all your photos in order a lot easier than on windows i think

anybody thinking on a late Xmas pressie or getting a new laptop in the sales go for a mac folks

#2 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:28 PM

buy direct from apple, can be up to 45% cheaper and kiss goodbye to viruses, spyware, crashes & general windoze stupidity for ever!

http://store.apple.com/uk

click on the special deals link down the bottom of the page

#3 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:38 PM

Well guys after many years of Barry haranguing me to go buy a mac i finally did this year
(two laptops wrecked in 4 month not good)

and yes i have to say it is good not totally different but subtle changes from windows, faster as well, oh and yes a bit more expensive but well worth it for only having it for 3 month

there are a lot of short cut keys to rem but once you get into the way of it you just do it automatically
as i posted in the other section the i photo is plain and simple to use and puts all your photos in order a lot easier than on windows i think

anybody thinking on a late Xmas pressie or getting a new laptop in the sales go for a mac folks

Hi James

Well its not difficult to pick out the 'money people' on this site  ;)

Posted Image

#4 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:40 PM

hahaha you think steve aye good one there m8

you no waht they say the more debt you have the more honour you have

#5 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:47 PM

Aye go into the manager with £1000debt and he wouldnt give you the time of day go in with a million in the red  and you will get tea and biccies and a big smile ;)
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#6 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:49 PM

Hi James

Well its not difficult to pick out the 'money people' on this site  ;)

Posted Image

aye, but which one came first!

folks might not like macs, but everyone wants to copy them in some way

#7 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:52 PM

Hi Mark/James

Only joshing  ;) - If the price of Macs came down I would probably make the switch when my present PC draws its final breath, of course it may outlive me!

#8 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:58 PM

i was reluctant to switch over steve as i use windows in the boat all the time(ok yes you need windows to look out haha before any smart comments hahahahaha)but i like what i have with the mac here
the prob is working with multiple systems
olex in the boat is linux
trax is win 98
max sea is xp sensors is xp and the traceability is xp
old man says too much equipment ;)

#9 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:04 PM

and you can crash the lot within 30 seconds of each other, such skill cannot be taught and is only possessed by a few gifted people such as yourself ;)
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#10 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:07 PM

crash it davie mcminn is grateful of ppl like me hahaha

#11 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:14 PM

its because of you that ha can afford ti advertise here and get more customers that do likewise lol
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#12 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:13 AM

if you have windows you can see thru them, if you can see thru your mac your a dirty b astard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#13 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:09 AM

It's a good shop that JJ goes to.....only sells clean Macs no dirty ones.

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#14 boat happy

boat happy

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationengland

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:39 AM

h all

do not buy  panda anti virus  it will  shut down your computer
fishermens friends

#15 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

eats, shoots and leaves?
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#16 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:18 AM

I hate feckin widows just had to do a complete reinstall of vista after a feckin trojan got downloaded some how AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH >:(

#17 3762dazzer

3762dazzer

Mate

• Moderators
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEast Cornwall

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:33 AM

Got my youngest a laptop for Christmas, came with Vista onboard, not too impressed personally much prefer XP >:(
Mac's are great especially if you go large with a milkshake and extra chips ::)

#18 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:03 PM

I hate feckin widows just had to do a complete reinstall of vista after a feckin trojan got downloaded some how AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH >:(

I refer the honorable member to the comments made elsewhere!

PS What's a virus  :) ;D ;D

#19 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:02 PM

I refer the honorable member to the comments made elsewhere!

PS What's a virus  :) ;D ;D
HAHAHAHAHA BLOODY HAHA couldnt believe it Mark lost about 250gb of files and programmes that I had and didnt back up

#20 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:39 PM

Apple are selling notebooks supposedly refurbished but new looking for a good discount from their website so my sister says as she has just got one with £150 discount

#21 calumbo

calumbo

Mate

• Administrators
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDunure

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:47 PM

I have a refurbished macbook - had a few problems with it but they repaired quickly and gave me £100 off an ipod as a way of saying sorry (on top of the 20% I saved in the first place)...

#22 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

Apple are selling notebooks supposedly refurbished but new looking for a good discount from their website so my sister says as she has just got one with £150 discount

I buy quite a few bits from the refurb zone on the apple website

the stuff on there is basically all end of line stuff they want shut of when an upgrade is due or about to be released, or they are all returns that have been out or demo, or gets returned because there may have been damaged packaging something missing from the box or a problem with the machine

they basically get run back through the factory and sold on

you have to check everyday though as prices vary from day to day, depending on how many they have to shift.  I've seen as much as 50% of at times

Reply to this topic