http://www.journalli...61634-21970503/

all thoughts go to the family of the late Alan Gair skipper of the Aquarias

#2 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:03 PM

bad bad bad, i never even saw anything on the news about it, i uploaded a pic of the boat yesterday as she was when just built, i've often admired pictures of the Aquarius on other sites, doesn't bear thinking about, a man spends his short life at sea building a successful business in such a dangerous job and at a time when his family would be able t orelax with him home safe this happens, and judging by the reports the HGV driver would appear to have been on the wrong side of the road, how many accidents happen with foriegn drivers on the wrong side? we were just admiring the pics of the boat the other day and wondering why she was for sale, now whatever plans he may have had are dashed and a young family left fatherless.
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#3 Guest_John Baird_*

Guest_John Baird_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:40 AM

This is really sad . I read the report in youur news clip . My belated condolences to hi extended family . We only know too well the tradgedys suffered by fishermen and their families in Ireland through the years . May Alan,s soul Rest in Peace.
                                                                                                                                        John :D

#4 Ambleman

Ambleman

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationAmble

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:59 AM

The section of the A1 where the collision occurred is notorious for fatalities. Dutch lorry driver on wrong side of the road on a single carriageway of the main route from eastern England to Scotland. He has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving. It is a travesty that this road is still in this state, ie single carriageway. There is no excuse for inaction when money can be found to bail out fat-cat bankers who have done more damage to Western economies than all the world's terrorist groups put together.
I will be at the funeral this morning to represent all trawler pic/photo members who cannot attend. I am sure all are united at this very sad time.
If you tremble indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

#5 ADMIN1

ADMIN1

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:02 PM

I think all fishermen and members on here, will have thought about family and friends of the late Alan Gair on such a terrible day for them.  We at Trawlerpictures can only extend our condolences to the family and friends of the late Alan Gair .

#6 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:06 PM

i have not poted in this because i have just came accross it and i feel sad at what has happened it is a shame rip

#7 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:41 PM

I don't usually get involved in the contaversial issues that much Ambleman,but just because the membership haven't posted their feelings on the site doesn't mean that they don't give a damn for the man or his family,quite the reverse I would say.I read your earlier post certainly,but what more could I add that would be of any more comfort to the family at this time,than my thoughts? I'm sure there were so many others who thought the same.No disrespect was intented,it was a case of what more could we possibly add? It's all been said already.I'm sorry that you feel the way you do,but you're getting us all wrong up here old chum. All we can do is agree to differ on this one,but in no way are we not caring or unfeeling towards the Gair family...you've got that one badly wrong my friend.

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#8 Ambleman

Ambleman

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationAmble

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

Full house at the church. Seats, terraces, ailses all full. Gairsey, you will be sorely missed. As a husband, father, brother and a son. Your humour and forthrite views will never be replaced. RIP skipper. We will support those you have had to leave behind. "I'll see you someday in Fiddler's Green." Ambleman.

#9 Ambleman

Ambleman

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationAmble

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

Sorry to all. Esp ronnie. Just effin chocked at the min. No think clear. Apologies to all members reading this.

#10 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:50 PM

NAE PROB AMBLEMAN I HAD SENCED YOU WERE ACTING A BITTY WIERD

#11 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

No offense taken Hon.Scot,at times like this we all need to let the safety valves lift and let some of the steam out..aint none of us any different.You're among friends here remember.

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#12 Ambleman

Ambleman

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationAmble

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:00 PM

Sorry. No weird. Acting normal, which isn't normal for me. Desperately seeking alcohol. No. Had that. Just seeing Kelly and the bairns today, ...Alan's Ma and Pa ...... Oh feck.... WHY? WHY? WHY? I cry to Thee. WHY?

#13 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:04 PM

THATS WHAT I MENT YOUR ACTING NORMAL WHICH IS UNUSSUAL FOR YOU LOL

#14 Ambleman

Ambleman

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationAmble

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:11 PM

Have held it together all day. Just letting go with you now. Alan's family lives directly over the road to me. Am now being selfish in writing this. Their loss is so great but I feel such an empathy with them. I wish this could lessen their feeling of loss. Feck I feel so helpless.

#15 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:13 PM

ITS OK LET IT OUT ON ME

#16 Ambleman

Ambleman

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationAmble

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:17 PM

Thanks for the post Admin. I signed the book of condolence as Ambleman, representing members of trawlerpics and trawlerphotos. Trust we are united at this time.

#17 ADMIN1

ADMIN1

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:23 PM

I think everyone who has had anything ever to do with the fishing industry is totally united when it comes to a tragedy like this one, no matter their believes anyone who cannot unite when an event of this nature occurs, should really think long and hard.
As Ronnie says you are amongst your own here, so if there is anything you need to say or get off your chest, go for it
Sympathies again to the Gair family and friends

#18 Ambleman

Ambleman

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationAmble

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:35 PM

Cheers for that admin. I live alone and need to vent my cathartic feelings every so often to someone I feel will understand. Our membership has fallen into this category tonight. It is a compliment to certain members that I have felt able to do this. You know who you are tp6. I meant to cause no upset to the membership. I just cannot get my head around this at present.

#19 Martin Johns

Martin Johns

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPlymouth

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:46 PM

Had an e-mail earlier from someone that went to the funeral, 100 people not able to get into the church as it was so well attended & a very poignant service apparently.
Sympathies & condolenses to the Gair family.

#20 Ambleman

Ambleman

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationAmble

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:30 PM

Thank you to the members who have sent me pm's. I really appreciate and value the support. It was needed today. Those who know me will recognise that.

Reply to this topic