5 replies to this topic

#1 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:34 AM

Have had a request from 'richardh' concerning updating photos on wikipedia, Richard updates the commercial fishing side of Wikipedia, and is in need of new quality photos of vessels, any member wishing to get in touch and allow their photos to be used, can either contact him via PM with the user name 'richardh' or via one of the admin team.
Just to make sure all those who are willing to allow there photos to be used, all claims on copyright are given up, should you allow these into the public domain, even so your photos will viewed by a far wider audience
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#2 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:58 AM

would it not be easier if the photos he wants 2 copy he contacts the persons photo it is bazaboo if richardh wants 2 copy any off my photos u may contact me and ask my permision
Mr Richard JohnstonEEEEEEEEE Jnr

Sure its a grand oul team ti play for

#3 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:31 PM

i thought anyone could edit an entry on there? i know i managed to correct a date and a spelling error on an entry connected to me that someone else had made on wickipedia, they'd spelt my name wrong, maur, in the page on space invader games machines, in the section on music, i don't know who wrote it but i was able to correct the errors, would this not extend to photos being added too?
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#4 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:07 PM

i thought anyone could edit an entry on there? i know i managed to correct a date and a spelling error on an entry connected to me that someone else had made on wickipedia, they'd spelt my name wrong, maur, in the page on space invader games machines, in the section on music, i don't know who wrote it but i was able to correct the errors, would this not extend to photos being added too?

Hi QW

Wikipedia are very stringent on any form of graphics posted onto their pages - you have several hoops & disclaimers etc to go thorough before they will accept images. Rightly so, after all copyright rights have to be observed.

I go along with the suggestion that if the guy wants to use a particular photograph then it is probably best if he contacts the copyright holder in the first place, rather than being given carte blanche (nice ice cream). I for one would allow use but I'd be kind of interested to know which ones.  ;D

#5 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:30 AM

true, i suppose they will be stricter with images than with the written word, tho i've seen many stories about history being changed for joking and malicious reasons on the site, but then i reckon if you were caught doing this you'd ben shown the carte' dore'?
seeing you mention ice cream, i was given an ice cream maker for my xmas last year, came with no instructions and went in a cupboard, i took it out last night and i'm making lemon and ginger ice cream today, only trouble being the bowl section filled with a special gel for freezing the mixture while it is mixed has to go in the freezer for 8 hrs, needless to say the week afor xmas you couldn't get an envelope into our freezer, so it went in fridge overnight, worse still i need lemons for the recipe and theres not one to be had in the whole town, and no i'm not soor enough as i am, i need to make lemon curd from scratch as part of the recipe and i hate the stuff you get in a jar so no shortcuts, this is a trial run for next week to see what it tastes like, this bloody meal is getting more complicated by the day, its up to six courses now, still i am only making five of them myself, i can see me just opening all the bottles of champagne we got as presents for our 25th anniversary last month and to hell with the meal, even better if i get my usual xmas pressie the size of a stamp, wrapped in clingfilm, i'll be locking myself in the shed, boxing day even worse, i'm expecting 17 visitors!!! typical, i'd planned to spend the day challanging my two to guitar hero IV band edition.
must go and do trial run of the ginger shortbread biscuits to go with the ice cream. before the man utd game starts at 10.30am
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#6 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:15 PM

if anybody thought any pictures were good enough to use else where i would be happy

maybe a wee link to the site would be more than getting paid commission  ;) ;)

Reply to this topic