#1 Duncan MacPhail

Duncan MacPhail

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationlerwick Shetland

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Has any one hae any info or old photos of "Teena" RO 6.can mind o her when i wis on "Jeannie Stella" landing at largs, always thot she looked a fine wee boat.

#2 puddlejumper

puddlejumper

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Think Wee Jim Blair had her before he upgraded to the Bairns Pride , sold her to the "Dougals" who tried the darras for a summer then they sold her on, not sure where she went next

#3 Duncan MacPhail

Duncan MacPhail

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Aye she wis a fine wee boat, i mind bein at the darras wi jock an peter an the dougals had the "guiding star" at that time. jimmy potter had the "concorde". bobby the truck driver for boardleys at largs.good times!!

#4 Douglas Paterson

Douglas Paterson

Deckie

• Administrators
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

Can you tell me what the 'darras' is, please?
Thanks
Douglas

#5 Duncan MacPhail

Duncan MacPhail

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Its  Trace of feathers for catching mackerel. You related tae big lachie fae carradale ?

#6 Douglas Paterson

Douglas Paterson

Deckie

• Administrators
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

I wondered if that was what it was. When I was a boy in Macduff we spoke about mackerel darries.
I dont have any relations in Carradale that I know of but my mothers folk in Macduff were McCallums who moved over to the east side from Lerags south of Oban about 1810. By the time of the first war there were nine young men from the Macduff  McCallums  skippers of mine sweepers in the RNVR. They all did well at the fishing but there's nae much of it left now and none of my immediate generation are at the fishing. Our last skipper was my uncle Airchie McCallum who had the Rose in June BF 172 and then the Sheigra UL 63 when he moved round to Clash to live.
Douglas McCallum Paterson
www.fishingboatheritage.com (off line just now because of a virus attack but should be up again soon)

#7 Duncan MacPhail

Duncan MacPhail

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

good tae hear fae you douglas, thot u mite have been related tae big lachie as you hae the same surname. Im sure there will be sumbody dat kens ur family on here tho.all the best the now. Dunc.

Reply to this topic