8 replies to this topic

#1 denis

denis

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

any1 know anthing that will clean shit from engineroom left by leaky exhaust bellows it started leak early in trip n kept fishing black now tried acid but no joy tried the usual cleaners but no joy either thanks

#2 puddlejumper

puddlejumper

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

try chassis cleaner from a garage or a stiff fairy liquid mix tho the chassis stuff was the best

#3 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

think it was called gunk the aerosol we used it was no bad

#4 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

Don't know if they still produce the stuff,but I always found that Jizer was as good as anything for getting rid of oil,grease or carbon.Tesco sells a spray called "elbow grease" (ye dinnae get it in gallon tins I'm afraid!) but yon stuff sure is deadly for wee jobs,best I've come across in years.

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#5 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

If all else fails Denis,there is one other way...walk about the engine room for five minutes wearing a brand new white cotton boiler suit,and by the end of that time I can guarantee you there won't be a floorboard,bulkhead,deck beam or any hidden corner of the whole place that ye couldnae eat yer dinner off....then throw the boiler suit over the side 'cause it'll be blacker than a sweep's ar*e...job done! It was usually a new jersey and trousers that I used and they seemed to work every bit as good,albeit slightly more expensive lol

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#6 denis

denis

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

if i throw them over the side  i will probably b fined for pollution lol

#7 bulljogger

bulljogger

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

automotive tfr or lorry wash excellent for cleaning carbon exhaust leaks in engineroom or masts or gantrys used it for years

#8 Paul D

Paul D

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

Try Pelaagic Magic/ Pelagic Gold,,,,,,Have a word with Alan who has the Christina I think he had a fire a while back and got maybe the up dated stuff,,,,shoud sort you out a treat we had the same problem as you and it sorted it

Good luck

#9 bracken

bracken

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

SUGAR SOAP clean whit jizer wont

Reply to this topic