#1 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

From www.fishnewseu,com

SEAFISH said today that following the ‘Discussion with Industry’ workshops last autumn on the future of the authority, the UK’s four Fisheries Ministers will soon publish a summary of the discussion and high level outcomes.

Seafish will hold a series of further regional meetings next month, at which the industry discussion outcomes will be reviewed and a roadmap of future plans for Seafish presented for discussion.

The four administrations have opened applications for a Deputy Chair and new members to the Board of Seafish. The closing date for applications is midday on January 25.

Paul Williams, Chief Executive of Seafish, said: “We have been greatly encouraged by the excellent response from industry to the discussion process, and thank all those who have participated. It has provided strong guidance on our future direction, and we look forward to sharing the outcomes once this has been published by the Fisheries Administrations. When we next meet with stakeholders at our next round of meetings, we will be able to share a routemap for the organisation which they themselves have helped to shape. In the meantime I really encourage people to consider the exciting opportunities now being advertised to become a member of the Seafish Board and influence our future priorities.  ”

The full details and application pack are available on the Defra website.
Dates for the Industry Update meetings in February will be announced shortly.

I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

Reply to this topic