#1 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

From www.fishnewseu.com

SCOTLAND’S Fisheries Minister today underlined the value of Scotland’s whitefish and shellfish sector as he welcomed one of the first prawn landings of the New Year from North-east skipper Sandy West and his crew.
Mr Lochhead was in Buckie to see the prawn catch from the Fraserburgh-registered Virtuous heading for processing at Buckie-based Moray Seafoods. Earlier the Virtuous had tied up at Fraserburgh rather than Buckie due to weather conditions.
Mr Lochhead was accompanied by Scottish Environment Minister Stewart Stevenson to meet the catch from one of a number of Scottish boats which fishing over the New Year.
The Fisheries Minister said :“Scotland’s fishermen do an amazing job, often in very difficult and dangerous circumstances, to ensure we can enjoy the finest and freshest seafood.
“Scotland’s fish and shellfish is increasingly popular overseas – recognising the high quality of the product – and made up nearly 60 per cent of all Scottish food exports in 2010, with a value of £623 million. So, on behalf of all Scots, I’d like to thank our skippers for their efforts and wish them a successful 2012.”

I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

Reply to this topic