1 reply to this topic

#1 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:29 AM

Jammy launches new perfume..............................

Christmas shoppers have been warned over counterfeit perfume brands whose aroma wears off quickly to leave behind a "fishy odour".
Officials in Renfrewshire said the fake Lady Million and Euphoria Blossom scents, which retail legally between £50 and £60, were being sold for £5.
They were alerted after members of the public got a nasty surprise shortly after using the counterfeit brands.
Other than the smell, the fakes are not thought to carry any health risks.
'Christmas bargain'
Councillor Marie McGurk, convener of Renfrewshire Council's environment and infrastructure policy board, asked the public to take care when handing over money.
"I would ask shoppers and retailers to be aware that what looks like a great Christmas bargain may not prove to be the case," he said.
"The low purchase price of this perfume just goes to prove the old maxim - if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
"The people who manufacture these products can often be involved in other criminal activity, and will be using the profits made from unsuspecting shoppers to fund this."
She asked anyone who suspected fake goods were being sold to contact trading standards.

I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#2 johntar tt10

johntar tt10

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationtarbert

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

Only two things smell of fish and here is a clue, fish is one of them.

On about fishy things, there was a ladies emporium in Tarbert, between the Co-op butchers and the Frigate.
Johnny McSporran from Tayinloan was in the vilage as usual on a Saturday, after a session in the Corner House Boat Bar he decided as he had sold a good few underground racehorses that day and was a bit flush he would treat himself to a new cap.
So off he goes but visits the Frigate, known as the Commercial in those days, has another few for luck and then totters into Miss Robertsons, the ladies shop.
Johnny, "Can I have an 8 and a half tweed cap please"
Miss Robertson, "Sorry we only sell Ladies things in here"
Johnny, "Crivvens, I'll take two of those!"

Reply to this topic