8 replies to this topic

#1 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

Ladies and gents please bear with us while we muddle through the upgrade to a brand new system, it's completely new for us as well, the new system has to convert 40,0000 photos, over 300,000 comments plus put them all in the same order, the site should be running somewhat as normal by tomorrow morning, then it will be a case of us working through the glitches, the outcome will be better and smoother than the previous software.
Remember we run this site in our spare time and don't need any abuse from site members that have never even bothered to post before let alone upload a photo
Thanks again
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#2 puddlejumper

puddlejumper

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

Oh great it'll take me weeks to try and figure out what to do :smiley2:
And i'm dyin to find out what "reputation points" are and how many GW's won /lost ^-^

#3 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:20 AM

GW is starting on -1,000,000 :warfare:
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#4 carnan243

carnan243

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationIsle of Benbecula

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:35 AM

when will it be up and running today barry? hope the new software is as good as findafishingboats new site!!! O0
Fishing boats are like wifes, they are expensive , hard work , give you headaches but you love them all the same!!!

#5 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:05 AM

We're just moving up to a faster server today as well to cope with the new software, be better than findafishingboat................... O0

#6 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:35 PM

Be aware you can still login with your account and feel free to post in the forum until the gallery is up and running, if you cant remeber your password, just follow the intructions under the username for obtaining a new password it will take you through it step by step
Again apologies for any inconvenience hopefully be back bigger and better very soon

#7 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:57 PM

Quick one, we are just in the process of re-engining the site as normal nothing ever runs to timeline given, hence the continued crashes, we should have the new server online by around 7 tonight, then another 12 hours to migrate the info across form the old server, so we have got the gallery open no, but some photos you might not be able to comment on, this is because we have to change the permissions on all 456 galleries, which is taking a bit of time also we are shifting a lot of photos about to their original places as a lot went haywire during the conversion
So bear with us and we have even managed to have some snow fall on the site, well if British rail can use it to grind a train to a halt, we can use it as an excuse for grinding the site to a halt........................

#8 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

somebody must be able to use the new setup, i just got an anon. phonecall from someone who told my wife his name was jakie ? when i answered the phone he asked if i was quiet waters, when i answered yes he asked if i knew who he was ? not having a clue i replied no, to which he replied "well you soon will" and hung up, with-holding his number naturally. so no, i've no idea who "jakie" might be or why he might be calling me, but i do know that this is the only site where i've used that screen name, even if it must be nearly a year since i posted. if this is someone's idea of a joke i'm not laughing, and if this is their idea of a threat of some sort, then i'm a big boy
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#9 Gordon M

Gordon M

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

well done lads sites easier than it looks
With regards
"Gordon M"

Reply to this topic