#1 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

From the BBC news site

Coastguards are to broadcast a special alert to shipping in the Bristol Channel to look out for a missing Vauxhall Corsa.

The vehicle, believed to be a hire car, was submerged after it was parked on a slipway in Mumbles, Swansea on Monday.

Crews had hoped to recover the silver 61-plate car in the early hours of Tuesday at low tide but could not, and it has disappeared.

Swansea Coastguard say it could be anywhere in the channel.

I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#2 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

From the BBC news site

A car which went missing in the sea after it was parked on a slipway has now ended up on a beach.

Coastguards were earlier broadcasting a special alert to shipping in the Bristol Channel to look out for the Vauxhall Corsa.

The vehicle, believed to be a hire car, was submerged after it was parked in Mumbles, Swansea on Monday.

It later reappeared near Mumbles pier, where it was bobbing up and down in the water.

Swansea Coastguard had earlier said it could be anywhere in the channel and they were waiting for the next low tide to help police and recovery teams locate it.

The silver 61-plate Corsa will now be recovered after ending its journey on the nearby beach.

I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

Reply to this topic