This piece relates to the Annan built Dream Finder BA380 - former BOYS LEE

http://deadlinescotl...plosive-ending/

#2 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:35 PM

serious as it is i think he's laying it on a bit thick with the we could get another tonight bit, giving them the drama they no doubt were looking for in the piece, we've all had one at some point, personlly i never landed or informed anyone of the two i got, just dumped them somewhere safe, less hassle than all that bowing the codend and navy bomb disposal nonsense for something that in 90% of cases is a practice bit. different if its newish and there might be a bob or two in it, its awful the damage they do to a net, in this case at his age he is wise enough to have seen most things and just did wat he had to do.
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#3 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:45 PM

Hi QW

Well the journos have to fill up column space somehow ???

Mind I was a little surprised at this statement and wondered if there was some 'artistic license' in play:

“It was bigger and heavier than a car and a real struggle to get rid of.”

#4 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:53 PM

does seem a bit big to be a bomb of the ariel type, maybe a mine used to protect the firth, or i think i read somewhere the germans planted some of their own to catch out ships who would think they were in safe waters, don't know if they did this in those waters tho? i've seen the odd one and they are big but not car size big, not even the size of a mini, tho there is a good weight in a mini if you have one in the pipe, many years ago had a hillman imp and a mini clubman in the same week!!!!
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

Reply to this topic