2 replies to this topic

#1 8L3B

8L3B

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

Fit like?, my name is Billy Smith, I used to be a fisherman but now work in the control tower at Aberdeen Harbour.
I was a deckie/engineer on the June Rose AH45 for about  8 or 10 years then bought a share in the boat and ended up skipper for the next 10 years.  I was also the sad b......d that had her decommissioned!....
I then bought the Shalayna AH45 (ex Amenna ex Rhodella) from Jimmy Buchan and converted her from a twin rigger back to Seine Netting.
I had the Shalayna for about 10 years before a bit bother with me hoofs forced me to sell up and retire from the sea. I sold the boat to one of the crew (Raymond Hall) who continued Seining with her until she was also decommissioned earlier this year.
Its quite hard to think that I will probably never throw the dhan away to tow south at 58'51.10n and 003'13.2e, or ring around the phantom wreck at the A&D again...
Some of the pictures on this website are superb, they fairly take me back to happier times when I started at the fishing back in the mid 70's..... 

#2 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

Welcome aboard Billy, enjoy the craic and if you have pics get them uploaded
Wullie
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#3 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:24 AM

Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy it
All the best
Barry

I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

Reply to this topic