1 reply to this topic

#1 Wilbert

Wilbert

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:51 PM

Evening all!! First post so bare with me...

Got my first boat last year, its got a Lister LR2 engine with manual gearbox and a 2:1 reduction box,  i'm assuming it was in the boat from launch so 1972. When i got the boat the gearbox was jammed in forward gear, so i've removed the gearbox and fully stripped it, there was no oil what so ever in the gearbox and some how it ended up with water in the main casing which has left it in a right state. I need all new bearings, reverse band and friction/drive cone. I've contacted a bloke at Marine Engine Service ltd Uxbridge (very friendly and helpful) with a list of the bits i need but i've know idea of what a fair price for all the bits will be!? So if anyones any ideas what i should be paying or of any other suppliers of Lister bits please let me know...

Cheers Will

#2 Bob Allen

Bob Allen

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

Don't know if a lister manual box with a 2 to 1 off a HRW2 30 horse will fit on your engine but I know where you can lay your hands on one.
It is perfectly good, I only took it off last year cos I wanted an oil operated box, so fitted PRM260

Reply to this topic