Trophies and Trophy Winners.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas Paterson

Douglas Paterson

Deckie

• Administrators
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:18 AM

I would be interested to hear from anyone who knows about trophys awarded tp top boats and men anywhere in the UK or Ireland now or in the past. I am interested to know the name of the award, what it was awarded for and the names of the winners.
I have some info on the Prunier, the Silver Cod, the Boothby, the Maitland and I know trophies were awarded each year in Aberdeen, Macduff, Kinlochbervie and Loch Inver but thats about it.
Any further info from anywhere would be much appreciated.
Douglas

#2 E.Martin

E.Martin

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

I was a member of the crew of Herring Seacher when we got the Prunier Trophy in 1949,that night we caught two hundred and fifty three and three quarter crans which was the largest catch that year between two certain dates.
The skipper received a silver cigarette box, the rest of the crew received a silver plated ash tray.
The catch was caught 17 miles ENE from Smiths Knoll lightship.

#3 Douglas Paterson

Douglas Paterson

Deckie

• Administrators
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

Hello Ernie, thanks for the information. I've just recently got the new sections for my website so I'm about to load your information.
Thanks again.
Douglas
www.fishingboatheritage.com

#4 Robby

Robby

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

Hi Douglas I think it is called the Goodlad trophy it is played for in a singles game at Macduff bowling club used to be awarded to the top landing boat on gala week boats names are still on it .

#5 Douglas Paterson

Douglas Paterson

Deckie

• Administrators
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:10 AM

Thanks Robby
I'll look in by the bowling club the next time I'm in Macduff and see if I can get the names. You dont know if someone currently has it at home do you?
I'm guessing that the donor was Mr Goodlad the banker in the 1950s.??
Douglas
www.fishingboatheritage.com

#6 Robby

Robby

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

I its probably at someones house I'll try and find oot .

#7 Douglas Paterson

Douglas Paterson

Deckie

• Administrators
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

OK, thanks.

#8 alexanderdixon

alexanderdixon

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

Just a note to say both the Boothby and the Prunier trophies will both be on show at this years Peterhead Harbour Open Day. For details have a look at www.peterheadharboutopenday.co.uk

Reply to this topic