#31 fishman7

fishman7

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationnew south wales ulladulla

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:51 AM

fresh north east winds last 2 days today was 40kts westerly tomorrow 30 40 kts southly just great

#32 bryan DE127

bryan DE127

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:36 AM

gale of S/Ewind at AH last night and a big sea running this mor so its  xmas shopping with the one that has to be obeyed.

#33 westword

westword

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:54 AM

[move]ansters the same big SE ,awa shoppin tae ;)[/move]
KILL EM ALL, LET GOD SORT EM OOT.

#34 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:43 PM

beautiful day here today after a gale of southerly wind and rain yesterday, the weather has moved south where they are getting flash floods, don't understand, theres nowhere gets more rain as us and we never have these problems, a n odd isolated thing where a choked street drain is at fault but never the floods they get elsewhere. i'm baking a cake so better go check it.

seems rather than being on here i'm supposed to be buying watercolour paper for my mother!!!!! adopt do as your told mode otherwise known as "yes dear"
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#35 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:48 PM

beautiful day here today after a gale of southerly wind and rain yesterday, the weather has moved south where they are getting flash floods, don't understand, theres nowhere gets more rain as us and we never have these problems, a n odd isolated thing where a choked street drain is at fault but never the floods they get elsewhere. i'm baking a cake so better go check it.

Hi QW

Well we must be having the rain that passed over your head - been raining here all day - no good for photography  ;)

#36 3762dazzer

3762dazzer

Mate

• Moderators
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEast Cornwall

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:59 PM

seems rather than being on here i'm supposed to be buying watercolour paper for my mother!!!!! adopt do as your told mode otherwise known as "yes dear"

Must take issue with the we get more rain than anyone else :o

Try visiting Cornwall, anymore friggin rain down here and you'd need webbed feet and gills ;)

#37 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:55 PM

must be a topography thing, when you are having your summer and tourism boom we are having what is called monsoon season, two consecutive dry days is what passes for a summer, doesn't even matter when it happens, summer this year was in november!!! warmest day of the year i think it just hit 18 deg. in the winter when others get snow we get rain, when they get sun, we get rain, when they get rain, we had it the day before and the next lot is coming in, like today, been dry since about 4am but it'll be raining again before midnight. last warm dry summer we had was about 1978, we are looking forward to global warming, the rain will be warmer apparently?;)
theres a field next my house that has been flooded for the last ten years, a big pool in the middle that hasn't dried up as there hasn't been a dry spell long enough to let it evaporate, its supposed to be the school playing field and they haven't used it in years as its always wet, the road just round the corner from my house was flooded last night for a while but they have drains in the road and well, the water ran away!!! just like it does every other day. we don't have a big river that bursts its banks or anything like that so i suppose that helps a lot, i had to put a drain and soak away into the path at the side of my house as it was flooded all the time, thats as close as we get to flooding, a simple length of pipe and a drain, feeding into the main drain solved it instantly. all the shops in one part of town do have floodgates but it needs a helluva rain before they are needed and the local sewer systems copes really well i think, despite what some might think, i reckon if we were a town with a river running thru it we'd have bother like the poor sods elsewhere, we don't so we get off lightly considering the amount of wet stuff we get, theres the rain on, i was way out with my prediction 2.55, nearly 11hrs without rain, must be spring already!!!!

ok i lied, it rains mair in tarbert!!! how do ye think they call them drookers?
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#38 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:06 PM

was a bonny day here after the shit night last night must have been 6 deg and just a sprinkling of sun here and htere but bonny day

#39 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:10 PM

thought it was jeest pm u couldnt spell jambo no 69
Mr Richard JohnstonEEEEEEEEE Jnr

Sure its a grand oul team ti play for

#40 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:47 PM

Must take issue with the we get more rain than anyone else :o

Try visiting Cornwall, anymore friggin rain down here and you'd need webbed feet and gills ;)
Certainly was the last time I was there Dazzer got sunburnt the first day and the rest of the fortnight I grew webbed feet but not as bad as here  rained for nine months constant last winter till April
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#41 big wheels

big wheels

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:16 PM

S/W English Channel Big groundswell yesterday cars washed all over seafront this morning, horrible motion today, give better day tomorrow,E light.
Fish tremble at the mere mention of my name.

#42 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:24 PM

S/W English Channel Big groundswell yesterday cars washed all over seafront this morning, horrible motion today, give better day tomorrow,E light.

Well its 23.25 here in the NE of England and it is still raining - has been all day. Not stepped over the door mat all day  ;)

#43 fishman7

fishman7

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationnew south wales ulladulla

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:39 AM

update forcast
Illawarra Coastal Waters, Port Hacking to Ulladulla and 60nm seawards:
Gale Wind Warning
Sunday until midnight: Wind:S/SW 25/35 knots. Sea:2.5 to 3.5 metres. Swell:S'ly 3 to 4 metres
Monday: Wind:S/SW 25/35 knots early easing to S/SE 13/18 knots in the afternoon and SE 5/10 knots in the evening. Sea:2.5 to 3.5 metres abating to 1 to 1.5 metres Swell:S 3 to 4 metres decreasing to about 2 metres in the evening.
Tuesday Outlook: Wind: W/NW to 10 kts before N/NE 10/20 knots develops in the afternoon
Wednesday Outlook: Wind: S/SE 5/15 knots.

South Coastal Waters, Ulladulla to Gabo Island and 60nm seawards:
Storm Warning south of Montague Island, Gale warning north of Montague Island.
Sunday until midnight: Wind: North of Montague Island: S/SW 30/40 knots, reaching 35/45 knots at times.
South of Montague Island: 35/45 knots, reaching 45/55 knots at times. Sea: North of Montague island: 3 to 4 metres rising to 4 to 5 metres at times. South of Montague Island: 4 to 5 metres, rising to 6 to 7 metres at times. Swell: S'ly 3 to 4 metres
Monday: Wind: S/SW 25/35 knots early easing to SW/SE 13/18 knots in the afternoon and SE 8/13 knots in the north in the evening. Sea: 2.5 to 3.5 metres abating to 1 to 1.5 metres. Swell: S/SE 3 to 4 metres at first, gradually decreasing to 1.5 to 2 metres from south in the evening.
Tuesday Outlook: Wind: Variable 8/13 knots ahead of S'ly change later.
Wednesday Outlook: Wind: SW/SE 10/20 knots

should get out tuesday yipee xmas to getting close

#44 Sweltered

Sweltered

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:40 AM

must be a topography thing, when you are having your summer and tourism boom we are having what is called monsoon season, two consecutive dry days is what passes for a summer, doesn't even matter when it happens, summer this year was in november!!! warmest day of the year i think it just hit 18 deg. in the winter when others get snow we get rain, when they get sun, we get rain, when they get rain, we had it the day before and the next lot is coming in, like today, been dry since about 4am but it'll be raining again before midnight. last warm dry summer we had was about 1978, we are looking forward to global warming, the rain will be warmer apparently????
theres a field next my house that has been flooded for the last ten years, a big pool in the middle that hasn't dried up as there hasn't been a dry spell long enough to let it evaporate, its supposed to be the school playing field and they haven't used it in years as its always wet, the road just round the corner from my house was flooded last night for a while but they have drains in the road and well, the water ran away!!! just like it does every other day. we don't have a big river that bursts its banks or anything like that so i suppose that helps a lot, i had to put a drain and soak away into the path at the side of my house as it was flooded all the time, thats as close as we get to flooding, a simple length of pipe and a drain, feeding into the main drain solved it instantly. all the shops in one part of town do have floodgates but it needs a helluva rain before they are needed and the local sewer systems copes really well i think, despite what some might think, i reckon if we were a town with a river running thru it we'd have bother like the poor sods elsewhere, we don't so we get off lightly considering the amount of wet stuff we get, theres the rain on, i was way out with my prediction 2.55, nearly 11hrs without rain, must be spring already!!!!

ok i lied, it rains mair in tarbert!!! how do ye think they call them drookers?

You know perfectly well the you can't spend more than half an hour in Tarbert but it rains. Our two went sledging yesterday. Quite a feat considering there's no hills and well, no snow. The town of Safety Harbor built a snow (crushed ice) ramp for the kids to sledge on (2 at a time), and had a pile of "snow" for snowball fights.
"Hanging is the outlaw's path to glory and much too good for the likes of you."

#45 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:07 PM

we calculated the other day that its 14yrs since we had enough snow to go sledging, me and davi took murray and hannah sledging treked all the way up to the hill behind the grammar and the snow was that soft the kids just sank into to it as soon as they sat down, i spent half an hour carefully packing it down to create a run that they could slide down, first go, right into the barbed wire fence at the bottom, tears and home!!!!!

don't know about coconuts for 1000 member, i just noticed the quote at the bottom of sweltereds post, there should be a prize imaginary prize, i'm not that daft, look up tight or frugile in a dictionary and theres a pic of me!!!
where did the quotes at the bottom of our posts come from? its the same place.

#46 aitivated

aitivated

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:36 AM

Nae lang finished a game o golf in the shirtsleeves here, 119W 30N, about 100 surfers waiting for a wave, in the bay. weather warning for rain the morn, likely get about 1/2 hour of drizzle, mair chance o an earthquake here than a flood.

#47 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:16 AM

we could play golf in shirtsleeves here today too, not because its warm 5deg, wind 17mph SW, but because we are HARD!!!
or stupid, its one of them, always preferrred (extrs r's to reflect cold) a nice morning round on a crisp day, ball goes further, drove it 428yds once on 14th at machrihanish on a frosty morning, than on a warm day when after nine holes i could happily keel over, convinced? nah, didn't think you'd be, i'm just jealous of anybody that gets a round of golf regardless of conditions, istopped playing foe three years due to the fact i just couldn't manage to walk round the course anymore, i wrote to the club, explained why i wouldn't be renewing my membership but when i went to rejoin i was told i'd need to go thru the application process again, get referees, pay a joining fee and then the membership, so i told them that if i'd come down in the last shower and just retired to the area i'd be next in line to be the feckin club captain, i'd been a member for over 25yrs and had no idea who 10 out the previous dozen captains were? never heard of them, and they'd certainly not even lived in the area for long, snobbery of the worst kind, told them to stick their course up their collective erses. mind you the son's GF old man has been champion at least ten times and i've never played a single round with him, never fitted into the drinking culture of the members, still one of the best courses in the world tho!!! can't wait for the new one to open tho i doubt i'll ever play it, unless they have buggies.

#48 westword

westword

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:40 PM

is that what all them sightings of U .F .Os was at machrihanish afew years ago. ???[move][/move]

#49 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:50 PM

never heard that one, but seeing its the longest runway in europe the yanks used it to test fly the stealth fighters and the blackbird, there was pic in local paper last week of concorde on the runway during her trials. base up for sale now, don't know why branson hasn't chosen it for his space flights? a runway which has only two flights out or in a day normally, plenty of hanger space, longest runway in UK and it could be all his for less than it'll cost him to use lossie and none of the restrictions he'll run into up there.

#50 westword

westword

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:40 AM

am sure the circus will turn up just like anyplace else branson goes :-\

#51 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:09 AM

crap day the day 2 hauls i think southerly wind tide raging good motion running be nice wen eb starts going maybe have xmas party early lol

#52 bryan DE127

bryan DE127

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:57 PM

aye Ricki the way the chart is looking should be a good xmas party , poor day in AHstrong southerly looks like party time has come early.

#53 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:05 PM

i've been told to ask if you got a bus to braehead for some xmas shopping when you were in port glasgow last night??

#54 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:21 PM

haha who asked u 2 ask me that qw but no better day now wind has dropped a good bit swell died and hopefully went 2 heaven lol think ill get out river while i can not alot doin this week tide horendace

#55 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:53 PM

the 1,000th member asked me, week afor xmas and your away up there complaining aboot tides, wits wrang wae the grips and hame in time for neeburs.
could be worse, you could be wae robi at crechans at rathlin, only broon bay i know is on antrim coast, tho that might be ower forty mile fae the craig rather than 30 odd???

#56 bryan DE127

bryan DE127

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:43 AM

blowing SW/8 hear in AH looks like no xmas week for us this year.

#57 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:02 AM

when are individual ports closing this year anyway? with xmas day on a thursday i've seen it close today a whole week before or still open till the tuesday of xmas week, those two days were always "stoker" days with us, gross divided between crew, what about the rebates, oil and salesmans? how much of that does the crew see? i'm sure we were fairer than a lot with the whole lot equally divided, with the QW i even gave my mother a share of the rebates, my fathers share theoretically, had he still been alive, not that it was every the fortune that a certain clyde boat will be getting for the oil he burnt this year, no, not him, and not even the clyde's answer to sam cooke, "its been a larne time coming, but i know the chains are gonna come" i mean CN's answer to faye dunaway, "naw bonnie in clyde" seeing as thats the broken record he's been playing this last few weeks, after all he keeps getting asked "where are you fae?" when he goes into port glasgow.

#58 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:20 AM

hoo hoo hoo a merry xmas 2 the old grey waters lol wit a fresh old day it is up the top o the slug on 2nd last tow of the year think ill have a few the nite square up morning steam home 10am moro party lol oil rebate this year will be good right enough cant say much 4 commision thou lol

#59 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

make the most of it, the telly reports about the negotiations don't look promising, neither did the bulk Mr. Groat was getting either, wasn't much more than three or four baskets of bulk for the tow they showed, plus the quotes from industry reps were pathetic, not the best and media speak and making decent soundbites to get the message across, really should have some media training if they are to be the voices of the industry, no use speaking honestly and openly when most of what they say is spontanious drivel which the media will ignore, you only get the chance to make a five to ten seconds comment that will make it on air on radio or telly so need to get as much into it and get the importance of the message across in as few words as possible. missed the name ofthe person quoted on radio2 this morning but he came across as being a bit thick which i'm sure he isn't, but the short quote gave entirely the wrong impression. in cases like this just being a respected ex or mature fisherman is not good enough, why haven't i seen or heard patrick stewart speaking about the west coast closure? the media is not reporting it very sympathetically, all the lobbying of the media should have been in place ages ago!!!! its really pathetic approach by the various sectors, a 30 clip on the news with a reporter wearing a lifevest ain't good enough!!!! hasn't the industry got anyone who is media savvy in their pay?

#60 johntar tt10

johntar tt10

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationtarbert

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:27 AM

The proposals were made public 28th October, the Commission broke all their own rules on transparency and consulting with stakeholders.
They ambushed us and gave no time for a proper response, as they do.
So 4 or 5 weeks were given to make our case. Thats democracy European style.
By the way they have not answered any of the queries I put to them on 30th October.
Too busy is standard reply

Reply to this topic