fishman7

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationnew south wales ulladulla

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:31 PM

hi all
its a nice sunny day little westly blowing,but like always nooo fish ???.just trying another shot in 60 fms then i dont know lol
danny

#2 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:35 PM

well its snow and cold on the Isle of Skye Danny so at least something is going your way lol and thats the joys of fishing for you ,not knowing what to do next
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#3 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationthe rosses,co.donegal

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:48 PM

aye and b****y freezing here as well souwest of skye on the north irish coast no fishing here-weather to bad!
bend it,and if you can`t bend it,break it.

#4 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:43 AM

we had weather the day too!!! expect more tomorrow, outlook for the end of the week? more weather coming in,

frosty morning, little to no wind, cauld -3.5 according tothe car, doors frosted shut, pissour wae rain ee noo, expect it to stay that way till it stops, then a change in temp. either up or down depending on how cold it is. expect more rain, snow somewhere else, switzerland i think? typical, my day to get oot the chair and i'll get a dooking, not to be confused with a dish made 30 odd mile up the road.
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#5 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:52 AM

Well we have a covering of snow her in Whitley Bay (North East Coast of England) - makes a change from the constant rain we had yesterday - still its warm sitting here in the hoose, mug of hot tea in hand and the waft of bacon cooking as wor lass gets my buttie on the go.  ;)

#6 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:07 AM

rothsay bay feckin freezin hale showers brrrrrrrrrr more runnin noses as standin pe...s today
Mr Richard JohnstonEEEEEEEEE Jnr

Sure its a grand oul team ti play for

#7 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:19 PM

if it was the other way roon ye'd need penes-cillon
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#8 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:23 PM

ho ho bettr day now sun out hardly a air in it braw

#9 big wheels

big wheels

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:39 PM

SW English Channel,Bloody cold bout +3-5 (thats cold for us southern softies) good breeze but workable bit of trade makes it worthwhile. SW8 for the morning cafe here we come lol.
Fish tremble at the mere mention of my name.

#10 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:56 PM

have the sw 8 here at minute-pouring and damn cold-minus4 last night.

#11 bryan DE127

bryan DE127

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:02 PM

its been a bonnie day in AH very cold n/w 4 but forcast shit s/e 8 not good for the east side.

#12 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:08 PM

aye we had that here also bryan-nice calm frosty day started to blow about 4. looking at the chart the weather were having is moving to the easterd-for you`s-turn up the leccy blanket!

#13 sam

sam

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:08 PM

Bit of snow forecast for tomorrow, you should have seen the local news, acting like we'll have to dig our way out of our houses, they even provided a website where you can go for advice on how to go about getting to work. From what I can see it'll only snow until 5 in the morning, then piss it down for the rest of the morning, talk about overreacting, makes you wonder what they'd say if we had any proper snow!

#14 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:58 AM

i live in south kintyre whats this snow you mention, what does it look like? we haven't had any since i built two mahogany sledges with metal runners about 12 yrs ago, not a flake!!!!! if we do get any my tow will be made to play on them whether they want to or not!!!! they've been taking up space in my shed.

#15 bryan DE127

bryan DE127

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:27 AM

well QW on monday we were hauling in a white out lot of snow .but the day its is pissing down and a gale of s/e wind so its a day in the store for us make and mend the joys of been a creel man.

#16 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:14 AM

i can remember every year we've had sna that lay for more than a day, but we are unique, i recall many sunday nights leaving town where the sky was clear, cold but dry, driving up the road to the west loch tarbert only to come on lying snow at the top of the hill the other side of clachan, get to the west loch to find a couple of foot of snow, i mind one night we rolled a drum of wire in front of the snek's lorry then built a big six foot snowman over the top of it, just for fun, we weren't going to be leaving the berth till at least 5am, loch might even have been frozen so we were waiting for a certain clammer to act as icebreaker, his boat was wooden too but it never stopped him (we had to get two planks replaced that year as they'd been cut up by ice) anyways, the snowman had the required effect, the snek being a mean spirited person came along that day and just had to try to run over the snowman with his lorry, the drum of wire got stuck under his front bumper and he had a wee problem getting it out again!!!!!
so if any of the dookers remember that, aye it was me, me and the cuzzin schmout and sna ba, serves him right for knocking down oor snowman. wisna my idea i don't think, the other two were mair evilminded than me!!!

#17 Sweltered

Sweltered

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:14 AM

We actually had frost on the cars yesterday.
"Hanging is the outlaw's path to glory and much too good for the likes of you."

#18 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:22 AM

so had we!!!! nah nah ne nah!!!

was there a panic from the orange growers? could a frost put the whole crop at risk?

do your AC units heat as well as cool?

has ruben got his DS back?

#19 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:49 AM

No as much snow in Oban this morning as you would put on the end of a pencil....although the day is young !!

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#20 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:11 PM

Snow has been tipping down on the NE Coast of England since about 08.00 this morning - still falling - roads are a treacherous as it has frozen underneath - where are the gritting lorries when you want them  >:(

#21 sam

sam

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:07 PM

Snowed a bit here as forecast, I don't know what it's like in more remote places but it certainly wouldn't stop anyone going about their dairy routine as the local news seemed to suggest. Most of it still around at 8/9, a bit slippery walking about with a layer of compacted snow/ice below the top covering, main roads clear but I wouldn't have liked to have been driving on some of the others. After that though it's just been raining, walking back just now's been like walking through a swamp, I look like I've been swimming in my clothes. Happy days...

#22 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:58 PM

who let a fermer in here? well at least the weather dinna stop you milkin yer coos

#23 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:24 PM

wed thurs blank blank blank

#24 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:16 PM

makes u ricki cunningham!!!!!!!

#25 sam

sam

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:47 PM

Haha, the cows were happy... I only just realised what I put, I meant daily btw

#26 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:05 PM

Haha, the cows were happy... I only just realised what I put, I meant daily btw

Hi Sam

Don't be embarrassed if you are a farmer - plenty of others farmers on this board - Farmers of the Sea  >:(
Posted Image

#27 sam

sam

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:18 PM

You've got me there, you don't want to know what i've been doing with the sheep this afternoon...all paid for by the government  of course >:(

#28 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:21 PM

You've got me there, you don't want to know what i've been doing with the sheep this afternoon...all paid for by the government  of course >:(

Hi Sam

Well just remember to hose out your wellies both inside and out  :)

#29 bryan DE127

bryan DE127

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:36 AM

poor day in AH the day gale of northerly and very big n/e swell looks like store bound again.

#30 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:48 AM

not an air of wind here but it is forecast to be 20 NE later in the day, but dead calm the now, naw that i can see the water fae my seat in the living room but the trees that block the view are naw moving. maybe they like it here? or are in negative equity?

i'll need to stop watchin this hospital program, theres a guy wae an enlarged liver, he says drink wid be a hard thing to give up!!!! admits to having a "bit of gin" every day and two pints, a litre is mair than a bit, every day, and he disna think thats responsible for his liver damage!!!!! don't think he'll be needing a long range forecast?

Reply to this topic