13 replies to this topic

#1 thornton

thornton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:06 AM

Hi guy's need some fish catching LIVE from the North Sea, pay top money please give me a shout if you could help! Cheers.

#2 thornton

thornton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:14 PM

Come on someone must surely know something or someone that can sort me out?

#3 codender

codender

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

doubt if you,ll get any replies,,,,
you could be a fishery officer or anything,,trying to catch someone out..

best chance to get fish etc. is be down the pier when boats are landing,speak to the skippers and show the folding stuff ,,,,,then mebey,,,,

#4 thornton

thornton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:11 AM

doubt if you,ll get any replies,,,,
you could be a fishery officer or anything,,trying to catch someone out..

best chance to get fish etc. is be down the pier when boats are landing,speak to the skippers and show the folding stuff ,,,,,then mebey,,,,

Really there actually that sad to do this sort of thing? This is for personal use only, going in my fish tank, thanks for the advice mate, would it be better prices from the skippers themselves rather than going through the fish quay?

#5 codender

codender

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

HI, if its only a few for a fish tank,you would need to go down the pier and talk to a skipper and tell him what you are looking for etc, so that he can keep it alive in a tub for you ..
he wont likely take any money for something like this, but a gift of a couple of cans or packet of fags ,
would help for any futere transactions...
good luck...

#6 thornton

thornton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:16 PM

Hi codender thanks for advice much appreciated! Just one last question due to the fish actually not being "landed" so to speak does this mean that any minimum size restrictions do not apply any more? The 3 fish I would be requiring would be the thornback ray, blonde ray and a lobster, will these restrictions be lifted or not? Cheers!

#7 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:06 PM

size limits state the fish cannot be 'taken'

so I guess the limits might still apply

#8 codender

codender

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:19 PM

hi thornton, re. size /limit etc. if your doing a wee deal with a skipper of a boat, and you make sure the fishery officer is not about when you collect the specimens you want there shouldn,t be any hassle.
the guys in the floerescent jackets are usually on the lookout for misdemeanours, but i cant see you being shot at dawn for what your wanting ,,,,,

#9 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:24 PM

wrong time of year for it, but the boat anglers might be a better source, and no ministry worries

#10 thornton

thornton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:52 PM

wrong time of year for it, but the boat anglers might be a better source, and no ministry worries

Thanks very much to you two I really appreciate it! From my research I see that I'm not at the ideal time of the year but as I understand they are still caught on a regular basis, I'm from the North East from what I see they are still here at this time? Cheers!

#11 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

north east scotland or england?

#12 thornton

thornton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:42 PM

north east scotland or england?

England mate!

#13 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:02 PM

know plenty of boat anglers from the tyne that should be able to help you out, be out there myself next season as well but you'll be hard pressed to find any rays down here though, very very rarely caught on rod and line.

#14 thornton

thornton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:27 PM

know plenty of boat anglers from the tyne that should be able to help you out, be out there myself next season as well but you'll be hard pressed to find any rays down here though, very very rarely caught on rod and line.

PM'd you Mark!

Reply to this topic