#31 Islander

Islander

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationBallantrae

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:36 AM

In a very nice bay ricki(ive been dying to ask this question all morning coz i all ready know the answer)johnstone called Browns Bay,no idea how it got its name...

#32 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:39 AM

got yea good robi not sure if my spoon is performing right roper was it dark down there  and wats this with the e
Mr Richard JohnstonEEEEEEEEE Jnr

Sure its a grand oul team ti play for

#33 Islander

Islander

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationBallantrae

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:52 AM

No Ricki without an EE johnston Full moon in Browns Bay last night ,nice and calm good place to drop your pic if your ever out the Clyde will gee you the readins if you need them (stir)

#34 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:57 AM

i tat be great thanks dont worry i wont give them 2 jammy i dont talk 2 robi and ricki jack anymore lol does it smell down there

#35 CN163

CN163

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationwrong side of the border

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:28 AM

Never mind the bloody steaks and telling the kids what a hard life you had(don't forget I had tae deliver the milk frae Davy Blacks horse n cart,naw like you softies wi cartoons ;D :o)...WHIT HEPPENED WHEN YE WENT TAE SEE ABOOT ) YER £40 ? ? ? ? ? ?  :;D
It should be a while before I see Dr. Death
So it would sure be nice if I could get my breath
Well I'm not the crying nor the whining kind
'Till I hear the whistle of the 309

#36 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

they were waiting with the £40 in an envelope full of apologies, the man that served her and the man that had cashed up that night that is, the wee sh!t she had spoken to when she first went in was nowhere to be seen as he'd practically accused her of lying, well nae practically aboot it, he had!!, needless to say he will be getting his card marked for him next time i'm in and he's on duty, i'm pretty easy going and only ever lose my temper when someone insults my wife, he'll be lucky to still have a job by the time i'm finished with him, its only £40 but his attitude had her blaming herself and the fact she kept going on about it for two days made matters worse so Mr. McAuley better beware, he was a sh!t when he worked doon at the burroo, snotty git to the fishermen when they were in signing, on a day like today, treated you like something he'd trod on, i'll be needing my best "if you ever" whisper.
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#37 CN163

CN163

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:51 PM

, i'm pretty easy going and only ever lose my temper when someone insults my wife,

W H I T ???
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

And there wus you rerrin fur a fight. ;D >:(

#38 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:02 PM

And there wus you rerrin fur a fight. ;D >:(

Must say I was a little disapointed to read that there was no blood spilled  ???

Regards

Steve E.

#39 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:58 AM

me too, never liked the man, luckily his co-workers are more honest than him, just shows you how easily it is to get done under such circumstances, their books wouldn't have tallied and if the wife hadn't noticed they'd probably have pocketed the £40 as a wee xmas bonus and i'd have known nothing till i got the next electric bill by which time the details would have been forgotten and you'd convince yourself that you must have made the mistake yourself, moral of the story? check your receipt!!!
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#40 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:04 AM

moral of the story? check your receipt!!!

No! - the moral of the story is to buy your own home windmill and make your own leccie  ;D

#41 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:33 AM

aye and with the cost of such an installation that would actually work you'd recoup the money in 50yrs, gigha has a few and i think i read somewhere they make enough for the whole island and sell the extra to the grid? don't know what the neeburs would say about me having a forty foot tower in the garden, theres no gas in the houses where i live so a few neighbours have put in oil central heating, the hassle of lifting floors etc doesn't appeal to me, not up to doing it myself any more and i hate allowing tradesmen into my house just to do something i could do at least 80% of myself i required, next door just finished and has a big outdoor boiler, got a neighbour who is a plumber to do most of it ( he's responsible for me not being able to put my weight on my right ankle for last month after i fell down a hole he left just inside her back door which i didn't see!!!!) the fitter who hooked everything up was charging £30 an hour!!! and he is the cheapest you can get locally, makes you think you chose the wrong trade!!!

#42 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:39 AM

aye and with the cost of such an installation that would actually work you'd recoup the money in 50yrs, gigha has a few and i think i read somewhere they make enough for the whole island and sell the extra to the grid? don't know what the neeburs would say about me having a forty foot tower in the garden, theres no gas in the houses where i live so a few neighbours have put in oil central heating, the hassle of lifting floors etc doesn't appeal to me, not up to doing it myself any more and i hate allowing tradesmen into my house just to do something i could do at least 80% of myself i required, next door just finished and has a big outdoor boiler, got a neighbour who is a plumber to do most of it ( he's responsible for me not being able to put my weight on my right ankle for last month after i fell down a hole he left just inside her back door which i didn't see!!!!) the fitter who hooked everything up was charging £30 an hour!!! and he is the cheapest you can get locally, makes you think you chose the wrong trade!!!

Hi QW

Get yourself around to the nearest B&Q:

http://www.diy.com/d...s=1214817332588

#43 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:42 AM

Grants available for about 35% of the cost form the Government
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#44 homeward bound

homeward bound

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:51 AM

I"LL  SEE  IF THERES A SPARE ONE LYING ABOUT AT THE WIND FARM, WOULD YOU MANAGE TO COLLECT IT ?

#45 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:06 AM

but they only work if its windy and generate more one day as another, what happens to the power they'd generate today for example with 30-40mph wind, you'd need a way to store or get a credit for the extra to offset days when they don't generate enough or none at all? if that was worked out i'd consider it, they are a lot biggerthan the £300 ones they were selling, even with a grant it would cost £1,500, if it could generate enough every day for my needs it would pay for itself in a year, even if it only gave you half it would pay in at most three years, worth considering with prices as they are, but i don't think they are as efficient as they are made out to be? if they gave you a tenth of your needs on a day like today i'd be surprised. otherwise everyone would have one, new builds would have them as standard, wouldn't look any worse than the millions of sat dishes. i could stick it on top of the kids treehouse, thats 25ft high.

spare one? we have a feckin factory 4 mile outside town making them!!!! the big ones with the 60-80ft towers on them, some farmers are making a few bob leasing sites for them, up to £35,000 for each site, and guess what? the factory is closing, the greens who are against nuclear and gas and coal fired power stations keep objecting to applications for planning permission, we even had one woman objecting that they spoiled her view, the ones she objects to are 15 miles away and barely visible with the naked eye. locally all hopes are pinned on edinburgh buying the place and funding it, maybe the nimby brigade will solve future energy problems?

#46 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:18 AM

I"LL  SEE  IF THERES A SPARE ONE LYING ABOUT AT THE WIND FARM, WOULD YOU MANAGE TO COLLECT IT ?
Orville don't even mention that to my father
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#47 homeward bound

homeward bound

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:32 AM

PLENTY OF ROOM FOR ONE, YOU WOULD NEED TO KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PROP THOUGH !!!

#48 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:15 PM

It doesn't say anywhere on the advert what it actually produces in wattage(and yes,even though I'm from Dunbar I know the faster it spins the more it produces !!)anybody care to enlighten me?....no pun intended!

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#49 homeward bound

homeward bound

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:20 PM

RONNIE GO TO [url=http://WWW.Segen.co.uk/WIND]WWW.SEGEN.CO.UK/WIND[/ FOR ALL YOUR ANSWERS

#50 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:07 PM

Some fancy prices there.You would be years before you paid back the initial cost,and unless you had a 240 volt battery system the size of a submarines to store the surplus leccie then I don't see it being that much of a benefit really.(But you would get lots of brownie points from the Greenies though)

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#51 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationthe rosses,co.donegal

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:32 PM

one been installed  in burtonport harbour on edernish island-it`s been blown over twice so far and smashed by atlantic storms-www.edernish.com you`ll see installation of second windmill-that`s been flattened again!
bend it,and if you can`t bend it,break it.

#52 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:52 AM

that is watt i thought ronnie, no use unless your supplier was crediting you for the extra you generated so on windless days you were using your own surplus in effect. i'll stick to being as awkward as possible with my supplier, paying less per month as i was last year and not getting bills like i was getting, i was paying £140 a month last year and still got a bill for £683, i kicked up a row when they wanted me to pay £119 every two weeks, now i pay £50 every two weeks and the bill last week was £93 for the same quarter and thats with the price going up about 30% in the intervening period. i could teach that crowd on watchdog a thing or two!!!!

#53 CN163

CN163

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:16 AM

Just a thought QW.... I thought maybe you would be generating enough hot air to keep the thing turning even on a calm day...like I said, just a thought. :;D ::)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

#54 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

have a lot of these do you?

#55 CN163

CN163

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:23 PM

Naw,only noo an again...but when I do the're usually belters. 8)  ::)

#56 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:02 PM

your raising the odd eyebrow on here, i'm naw supposed to be a real person that anybody actually knows!!!!

#57 CN163

CN163

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

Weel you're naw a real person richt enuf.....sure I said before you're a big puddy cat :) 8)

#58 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:04 PM

bet his scratch is worse as his spit lol

#59 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:08 AM

me? how?

tick tick tick tick tick tick, ah!!!

Reply to this topic