#1 Alan Duggan

Alan Duggan

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationFleetwood

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:31 PM

Hello my name is Alan Duggan and i run the Motor site for the Fleetwood Maritime Heritage Trust working along side the Bosuns Watch Website that looks after the Sail and Steam.

The site i run is , http://www.fleetwood...-industry.co.uk

Looking forward to having a good look aroung this great site you have produced.

Alan Duggan
Posted Image
http://www.fleetwood...-industry.co.uk
Part of the Fleetwood Maritime Heritage Trust

#2 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:39 PM

Hello Alan welcome to the site
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#3 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:42 PM

aye welcome to the site

#4 jocksock

jocksock

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationat sea

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:09 PM

hello alan ,had a quick look at site looks good. welcome
a pier wi nae beer is nae use

#5 Alan Duggan

Alan Duggan

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationFleetwood

Posted 29 November 2008 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for the rplies Guys. Been having a look around and it seems a great place to find some info. Looking forward to spending time here :D
Posted Image
http://www.fleetwood...-industry.co.uk
Part of the Fleetwood Maritime Heritage Trust

#6 Mrs S

Mrs S

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

i've decided to join so i can keep an eye on him, he's told me i'm banned from reading the jokes pages, i'd like to apologise for him, twenty five years and i still have no control over that mouth of his, at least on this site i won't have people coming into my place of work to complain about what he has been saying, at least i hope not!

#7 fishman7

fishman7

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationnew south wales ulladulla

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:08 AM

hello and welcome

#8 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:18 AM

how u a doin
Mr Richard JohnstonEEEEEEEEE Jnr

Sure its a grand oul team ti play for

#9 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:56 AM

here you, less of your how a you a doin nonsense, that's her first and last visit, bad enough the daughter telling me this mornin she had been reading the chinney comments, she said "you'se are the biggest bunch of weans i have ever seen" claims she left that level of childish name calling behind in primary school, "what age are those people?" she asked, i tried to deflect her by agreeing, i just said i know, didn't work, she told me "you are just as bad, grow up for christ sake!!!"

my daily chastisement from a thirteen year old. didn't stop her registering tho, i think they plan to spy on me.
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#10 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:17 PM

i didnt no who it was oops sorry

#11 homeward bound

homeward bound

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:25 PM

going by some of the comments qw maybe a section on fishermans problems is the answer,a type of internet just joan to reassure some of the membership about topics like cross dressing,spit roasting. the size of things etc all topics which have been covered lately.
we could have an agony aunt/uncle just to reassure some of the members with their online problems. members could be anonymous (unless the problem is a belter then admin could put up their real name !!!) what do you think ???

#12 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:31 PM

a just jammy section, where you pm Jammy your problem and he gets straight on the VHF and broadcasts it to the whole of the clyde, then takes out an advert in the Ayrshire post just in case any one missed it, problem shared is a problem halfed, in this case a problem shared is a problem broadcast, so should be down to about 100th of the problem after ten minutes
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#13 homeward bound

homeward bound

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:35 PM

or just say to someone in the pub on a friday night "keep that to yourself, thats between you and me "" 

#14 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:01 PM

either tat he would give u a shoulder 2 cry on then try the hand

#15 homeward bound

homeward bound

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:12 PM

seen him in the pub a few weeks ago, dressed up as if he was going for a bank loan ovvaarr

#16 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:25 PM

i can see you have some issues concerning your masculinity, i've seen it before, the type who accuse another of being gay, "keep your back to the wall guys" usually its the type that can't get a woman but they still think every gay guy wants to shag them? don't keep your true feelings hidden, you'll feel liberated if you admit your true self, even if its just to yourself.
reminds me of one ex skipper, no longer with us, i told him he was a poor excuse for  a homosapien, "who are you calling a poof? i'm nae homosapien" had to admit he was right, bit too advanced for him.
i always maintain that things like depression can be cured with a kick up the erse, this could be adapted using a different body part to suit that pairs needs, they should just feck each other and get it over with!!!!!!!
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#17 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:33 PM

That post by Orville about "keep it tae yersel'"....aye cracks me up when somebody says tae me "I shouldnae really tell ye this but...."   If ye shouldnae really tell me....feckin' dinnae !! lol

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#18 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:43 PM

That post by Orville about "keep it tae yersel'"....aye cracks me up when somebody says tae me "I shouldnae really tell ye this but...."   If ye shouldnae really tell me....feckin' dinnae !! lol

Hi Ronnie

Even worse than that - "I know something that you don't know, but I'm sworn to secrecy"  ???

#19 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:45 PM

i get the opposite, "i'm naw tellin you, you'll just tell everybody" how i'm going to manage to "tell everybody" when i don't leave the house from one week tothe next, never answer the phone, who am i going to tell?

in case you're wondering, you lot don't count as "telling everybody" i mean we speak every day so it wouldn't really be telling a secret now would it? not that i've got any to tell, except anybody wanting petrol in the toon at 9am tomorrow should stay clear of the county, they did the wife out of £40 when she paid the leccy last week, she only noticed the reciept was for £10 this morning so came home raging after being up at the garage to sort it out, she needed a smoke, still not resolved so i'll be in there tomorrow till i get my £40 aither credited to my leccy account or into my hand and nobody else will be getting served until i do, i'm looking forward to it, haven't had a good yell at anyone in ages, that wasn't a secret, who does the jile gett o serve lunches?

#20 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:45 PM

4 ur info qw ive been cin someone 4 scatter o weeks now iv no question about my sexuality he was 1 texting robi about liking somthing lol and as 4 the 1 tat likes boys bums well he prob just isnt sure yet lol

#21 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:48 PM

Aye Steve but the 50 million folk that know "what they're no supposed to know"  are ALL sworn to secrecy,so it's O.K. isn't it ??

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#22 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:49 PM

if i could be ersed i'd look back and quote you from elsewhere, i'll need to paraphrase instead.

all in the banter, somes can give it but canna take it, jest for the craic, blah blah

touchy, touchy,touche'

#23 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:52 PM

its all 4 the banter old gey waters lol

#24 Islander

Islander

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationBallantrae

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:09 PM

Welcome aboard Mrs S nice to see you will be keeping an eye on Morris,i take it you are a good cook perhaps you could post some of QW,s favorites ???

#25 Mrs R

Mrs R

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBallantrae

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:17 PM

Ricki thought it was meant to be a secret that you were seeing....... opps better not say cause its a secret............

Hello Mrs S....Ignore my husband he is a cheeky wind up merchant....

#26 Islander

Islander

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationBallantrae

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:42 PM

Afternoon dear take it you have finnished your work early,i wasnt on the wind ...honest ???

#27 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:17 AM

as i tell my own two, i started cooking for five men when i was fifteen, at sea, so working a cooker without having to brace yourself against the bulkhead with one foor half way up the press door is easy!!! wish i could afford the butchermeat we went thru every week, at todays prices you'd be £80 a week just for the steaks, wasn't unusual to boil a stone of potatoes for dinner just so there were some left to fry next morning with steak and eggs for breakfast. frying steak for breakfast, two fillet steaks each for dinner, luckily nobody else in my hoose likes a steak so i get them all to myself these days,

#28 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:41 AM

im ok in tat manner just take chunk of ma ass lol

#29 Islander

Islander

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationBallantrae

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:56 AM

Dont know whats going to happen in years to come if the young one on here is anything to go by,hie asked if i wanted mince round fur ma t man ,i said that would be fine ,but thats all that was on the plate 1mince round,asked where the tatties and veg where ,oh a fugot man sorry um jus huvvin a put nooooodle fur ma dunnar  :-\why you on about bums now ricki ???

#30 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:00 AM

ok my hind then where were u lying last nite robi

Reply to this topic