#1 Andy of Conyer

Andy of Conyer

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

I have owned Maireared (now Scots Miss) for 35 years (see gallery). I have seen the info on her in Brian Ward's great book on Tarbert boats but this is post 1948. Does anyone have any info on her when she was BA196  - 1932 to 1948? Who/where might have any info/records?
Unfortunately, the time has come to move her on to a new home where she will be looked after for the next 35 years or so!

Many thanks,

Andy

#2 Douglas Paterson

Douglas Paterson

Deckie

• Administrators
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

She's in the 1939 Aberdeen Almanac as BA 196, owner Mathew Girvan of Maidens, 18.31 tons. She's also in the 1940 Olsens but I dont have those details to hand.
I dont know if this the kind of info you wanted??
If so I'll check the other years from 1932 onward for you.
The full detail will be in the BA Registers. Some of the old ones have been recently recovered from the harbour office at Ayr and are currently in the Ayrshire Archives before being remitted to Edinburgh. I dont know exactly which years they cover. However, I intend to do some work on them in the next few weeks so I'll look out for her and let you know what, if anything, I find out.
Regards
Douglas

#3 Andy of Conyer

Andy of Conyer

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

Hi Douglas,

I apologise for not getting back to you at the time I had a computer crash then for some reson could not get back into the site. More recently I had forgotten my log in and that I had put a post up there.
Thank you for the info. I do have a lot of her history and was up in Tarbert early last year and met up with several people who remebered her. Unfortunately she is currently up for sale as I am not getting any younger.

Best regards,
Andy

Reply to this topic