5 replies to this topic

#1 kochava

kochava

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:36 AM

I'm from the U.S. in the southeastern state of Georgia.  A friend of mine's husband is a fisherman in Florida and takes people out on day trips for various types of fish.  I wonder if he knows about this site - might have to send an email to him and inquire.  Then there's the Deadliest Catch show that I enjoy and I like all the boats.  And having been born in Alaska it automatically caught my interest  I've met several people online from Scotland, Norway and various other parts of the U.K. through various forums and love looking at their pictures.  I never knew what a Trawler was until I went to one of their myspace pages and started looking around.  I found it interesting.  Then this site was posted on one of the forums for the show so I decided to come visit and check it out.  I'm clueless when it comes to fishing and boats.  The only fishing I've done is from a row boat with my grandfather as a child LOL!  I love wildlife and the scenery that comes with fishing so I love lookig at peoples picturs.  But I enjoy learning about other peoples lives and what they do.  So here I am.

#2 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:26 AM

Hi kochava

Nice to read that we have a member in Georgia - just read about another new member from Australia, so the site is certainly beginning to have a world wide feel about it.

Are you anywhere close to a Port/Harbour with a fishing fleet? - if you are, then would be great to see some photographs from your side of the pond  ;)

#3 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:01 AM

Nice to see the site has reached a lot of different countries, and as Steve said kochava will be nice to see different vessels from all around the world, welcome aboard
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#4 jocksock

jocksock

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationat sea

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:24 PM

you've come to the right site if you love boats and the good light hearted crack,keep us at sea happier when we know we're still in touch with the world ,dave
a pier wi nae beer is nae use

#5 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:47 PM

glad to see someone saw my link, thought i might have put it in the wrong place on the site.
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#6 kochava

kochava

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for the welcome.  To answer a few questions. 

I'm a few hours from a town called Savannah in GA.  There are boats that go out from there but I'm not sure how big their vessels are.  But I have a friend who lives there so I"ll inquire and maybe I can get some pictures.  Savannah's a nice little town.  Sadly I live in the middle of the state of GA but I'm at least within driving distance for a weekend trip every now and then.  My friend that lives in Florida has a boat but it's very small compared to a lot of the vessels I've seen here since he takes people out on day trips.  If I can get his permission or better yet get him to come visit the site I'll see if he'll let me post some pictures. 

Yeah, I saw Quiet Waters post on the NW forum and from what I read being on there earlier it sounds like a few other people have at the very least come to visit this site. 

Reply to this topic