Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:11 PM

Hi   has anyone any video   of the herring boats on the Clyde   

#2 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:24 PM

there was a clip recently on scotland on film on bbc 1, you should be able to find it online, thought i had saved the link to the site i was watching clips on but i haven't, butthere is a site showing various clips has section on fishing but has other topics too, sorry but can't recall the site
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#3 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:58 PM

there was a clip recently on scotland on film on bbc 1, you should be able to find it online, thought i had saved the link to the site i was watching clips on but i haven't, butthere is a site showing various clips has section on fishing but has other topics too, sorry but can't recall the site

think it might be among this lot, there's a few canny bits of owld film

http://www.bbc.co.uk....shtml?letter=a

#4 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:12 AM

this is a canny site for old clips as well (probably better)

http://ssa.nls.uk

#5 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:40 PM

thats the two sites i was on about, some clips that didn't work before work now, nice to see the carradale one of the new harbour in 1961, 3-4 years after my father's family left to move to the town, year before i was born so he would have still been down the pit at the time, oh and i must have aged better than the harbour, nobody is trying to replace me!!!!! not yet anyway?
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

Reply to this topic