Photos In the classifeds

8 replies to this topic

#1 ADMIN1

ADMIN1

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:02 PM

Could members let any of the admin know if they can't see photos in the adverts, we have had some feedback saying some people couldn't view them, and others saying they could.
Your feedback would be much appreciated

#2 paul h

paul h

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationwhitby

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:05 PM

i can c photos in classifieds no problem admin

#3 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:09 PM

i can't, tried several different ways to get to the ad but the pics don't appear, i could see them no problem yesterday when you aske me to look at them but now they don't appear at all, i see paul can see them but no, i don't
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#4 calumbo

calumbo

Mate

• Administrators
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDunure

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:05 PM

What internet browsers are you using?

#5 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

i have been able to view the classified pictures using safari on mac and firefox on mac and using a mobile connection using IE6 on the windows laptop calum if it is any help

#6 calumbo

calumbo

Mate

• Administrators
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDunure

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:18 PM

Thanks Jammy, I think is maybe just a problem with Internet Explorer, which I might just have fixed. If QW reads this could he have another look at the page please and tell me what comes up this time??

This is before my fix - Inetnet Explorer 7 Windows
http://browsershots....8089e2d32afc04/

This is after
http://browsershots....ba790a39ff78c2/

The one at the bottom is what it should look like
By the way this is yet another perfect example of why no-one should be using internet explorer to view internet pages - not only is it less secure than Firefox/Safari, it has problems displaying alot of webpages  (yeah, that's right I'm blaming Internet Explorer for my sloppy coding:-))

If anyone is having trouble viewing the classifieds still I'll need to go back to the drawing board (make sure you have cleared your history before checking again, or press F5 to refresh the page)

#7 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:59 PM

i never use IE , i use aol but i had problems with it the other day, could log on but couldn't open anything so i came to the site via firefox, might have been where i could see pics? just checked, can see them on firefox and can see them now on AOL, couldn't last night, so that experiment proves nothing other than i can now see them, maybe the IE problem explains why others couldn't but not why i couldn't yesterday? still they are there now and its a braw wee boat
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#8 calumbo

calumbo

Mate

• Administrators
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDunure

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:05 PM

Thanks QW.
AOL browser is in fact, just Internet Explorer dressed up differently so that explains it I think. Hopefully the classifieds should now work in all browsers.

#9 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:40 PM

aye before i couldnt see them but it is fine now so it looks like it is fixed
regards
young knoxy

Reply to this topic