#1 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:59 PM

http://www.fishnewse...s-minister.html

RICHARD Benyon, Conservative MP for Newbury has been appointed as the new UK Fisheries Minister. He was appointed as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State on 14 May and was confirmed as the minister with responsibility for Natural Environment and Fisheries on Tuesday.

Richard Benyon has been MP for Newbury since May 2005. Before coming to government Mr Benyon served as a Shadow Minister for the Environment, Fisheries and Wildlife. Prior to this appointment he was a Party Whip.  He has also served on the Home Affairs Select Committee.

Mr Benyon lives in West Berkshire where he is a farmer. He is a former soldier and is a founder Trustee of the charity Help for Heroes. Mr Benyon is married to Zoe, with whom he has two sons. He also has three sons from his previous marriage.

Seafish, the authority on seafood, has welcomed the announcement that Richard Benyon is the new Parliamentary Under Secretary for Natural Environment and Fisheries at Defra.

John Rutherford, Chief Executive of Seafish, said: “We are delighted with this news and wish Mr Benyon every success in his new role. We look forward to working with Mr Benyon to further support the interests of marine fisheries management. ”

Richard Benyon, full responsibilities are: Natural environment, Ecosystem services, Biodiversity, National parks and areas of outstanding natural beauty, wildlife, JNCC, Flooding and water (including Nitrates), Inland waterways (including British Waterways), Land management (including commons and contaminated land) and soil, Rural Affairs, Coastal erosion, Marine and Coastal Access Act implementation, Marine Management Organisation, Coastal and wider access, countryside and rights of way, Marine Environment, Fisheries, including CFP, EU Fisheries Council, Departmental administration.
Well ats i fishing fecked with a farmer in charge ,get heaps o subsidies for his own industry trading it against the sea I suppose,, could be wrong and I hope I am  but................................
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#2 carolmac

carolmac

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 4 posts
  • LocationFraserburgh

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:37 AM

http://www.fishnewse...s-minister.html

RICHARD Benyon, Conservative MP for Newbury has been appointed as the new UK Fisheries Minister. He was appointed as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State on 14 May and was confirmed as the minister with responsibility for Natural Environment and Fisheries on Tuesday.

Richard Benyon has been MP for Newbury since May 2005. Before coming to government Mr Benyon served as a Shadow Minister for the Environment, Fisheries and Wildlife. Prior to this appointment he was a Party Whip.  He has also served on the Home Affairs Select Committee.

Mr Benyon lives in West Berkshire where he is a farmer. He is a former soldier and is a founder Trustee of the charity Help for Heroes. Mr Benyon is married to Zoe, with whom he has two sons. He also has three sons from his previous marriage.

Seafish, the authority on seafood, has welcomed the announcement that Richard Benyon is the new Parliamentary Under Secretary for Natural Environment and Fisheries at Defra.

John Rutherford, Chief Executive of Seafish, said: “We are delighted with this news and wish Mr Benyon every success in his new role. We look forward to working with Mr Benyon to further support the interests of marine fisheries management. ”

Richard Benyon, full responsibilities are: Natural environment, Ecosystem services, Biodiversity, National parks and areas of outstanding natural beauty, wildlife, JNCC, Flooding and water (including Nitrates), Inland waterways (including British Waterways), Land management (including commons and contaminated land) and soil, Rural Affairs, Coastal erosion, Marine and Coastal Access Act implementation, Marine Management Organisation, Coastal and wider access, countryside and rights of way, Marine Environment, Fisheries, including CFP, EU Fisheries Council, Departmental administration.
Well ats i fishing fecked with a farmer in charge ,get heaps o subsidies for his own industry trading it against the sea I suppose,, could be wrong and I hope I am  but................................

Met Benyon when he was in Scotland a few months ago, as usual all these politicions come across as " I will fight for the fishing interests" but it remains to be seen,  it all depends on who is supplying him with the industry information, will he be trapped in the same net as Lochhead was in thinking that the Park N Ride scheme was the best option for scottish Fisheries?
Park N Ride just a word to disguise DECOMMISSIONING! thought we decommissioned 60% of the fleet in 2004/5 so that the industry would be better off! well still waiting to see signs of that sacrifice!

#3 Bob.YTS Skipper

Bob.YTS Skipper

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:39 PM

I dont want to rock the boat Carol but i would bet you that if there was a poll done in the industry the now at least 90% of the under 18m prawn fleet all round the coast of Scotland would bite your hand off for a decent decom scheme.Not the one that is coming in June that will only make the brightlighters brighter.

#4 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:07 PM

Just an observation but the guy sat a couple of seats along from me at one of the seminars at last years Glasgow Fishing Expo and didn't say a thing during the Q&A sessions - I thought at the time this was rather strange when he was the Shadow Fishing Minister at the time.  :dogturd:

Reply to this topic