#1 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:07 PM

From www.fishnewseu.com

A NEW book is to be published by History Press about one of Scotland’s finest boat-building companies, Alexander Noble & Sons of Girvan.

The book, ‘Built by Nobles of Girvan’ has over 200 photographs, many of which are from the company archive and have never been published before including the best collection of photographs of ring-net vessels ever published

Alexander Noble & Sons was founded in 1946 and is still building boats today in their South Ayrshire shipyard. With unparalleled access to the company’s archives, the authors have provided a thorough history of the yard, followed by a comprehensive account of all the fishing boats constructed by Nobles over the years to date.

It includes a comprehensive gazetteer of all fishing vessels built by Nobles and technical information and details of every boat’s ultimate fate.

The authors, Peter Drummond and Sam Henderson are both passionate fishing boat historians and photographers and have previously written The Fishing Boats of Campbeltown Shipyard. They both live in Ayrshire.

The book is to be published on 4th May and costs £16.99 as a paperback original.

Visit www.thehistorypress.co.uk for more details

I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#2 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:13 AM

Gone down in price Barry - now only £15.29  O0

Check out - http://www.thehistor...-of-Girvan.aspx

Regards

Steve E.

#3 Mrs R

Mrs R

Deckie

• Members