Don't worry Dick Walsh is on the case

1 reply to this topic

#1 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:32 PM

i was sent a link to this by my brother davi in dunoon, the ignorance of the man is astounding, but then Argyll is blessed with more than its fair share of lifelong spongers of the county purse, its a longheld belief down here that if they could build a wall at Kennacraigs just to keep us lot in south kintyre in, then they would, to get round it they just haven't spent a penny on the road in ten years, and now this latest bit of brilliant thinking. where would we be without our marine tourist trade, it must be saved at all costs, oh, you fishermen, well you can all just go to the nearest wall for all he cares!!!!

http://www.argyll-bu...neral/reddiesel

this is my email to the arses at kilmory, i'm not intending applying for planning permission any time soon

I have just been looking at the quotes from dick Walsh's letter to the first minister and PM, would it have killed him to even mention the Argyllshire fishing fleet and the pressures that fuel prices have on their livelihood. His concern for increased costs to pleasure craft is thoughtless and frankly typical of how out of touch he is with those out with his own ward. So what if the odd cabin cruiser doesn't visit the clyde, there are men going out of business, families losing their main source of income due to the rise in the cost of red diesel, boats replacing local crewmen with cheap labour from the far east just to cut costs. Meanwhile what is Mr. Walsh worried about? tourism, marine tourism, if he wants to save that then he'd be better of telling the sun to shine between may and October, once again Argyll council shows why they are a laughing stock among the people of the county. No doubt he is one of those who blames the rise in cost of his fish supper on the fishermen too, maybe if there was a fishing fleet at kilmory he might have noticed, but no, like all things Argyll, interest by the council stops where their upkeep of main roads stops, well north of kintyre and the CN fishing fleet.

morris Shaw (ex fisherman)
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#2 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:01 PM

surprise surprise i recieved a reply to my email i sent yesterday, signs himself as leader, all i got in my head when i read that was the robots from the smash instant potato ad?

[b][i][move]TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER!!!![/move]

Dear Mr Morris

I have been passed your email in regard to the above.  I note the detail contained within this correspondence.

Please accept my sincere apologies for this important oversight in my letter to the Prime Minister.  As soon as I receive a response to my letter, I shall write to draw to his attention, the plight of the fishermen in this regard.   I appreciate as well, that the farming community will also suffer.

Yours sincerely

Dick Walsh

Leader
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

Reply to this topic