Why ??

21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ally_*

Guest_ally_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:35 PM

Ok there are 2,500+ members on the site "but" how much off these actually upload a photo??

Getting a bit pisst off cause its the same few members that seem ti be posting all the time !!!!

Can Admin no do something about this ????

#2 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:03 AM

Hi Ally

Well you've uploaded some crackers yourself tonight - see you are moving into portrait photography with some 'still life's, usually in the boozer  ???

I suppose the answer to your question is that even with 2500 members, not all of them actually take photographs themselves, some may not even have a camera, although given the price of digital's these days they are affordable.

Not sure the owners of the site can do anything to get members to post photographs, although I'm sure they would like to have a lot more contributing.

At the end of the day I suppose its a case of some folk being interested in taking and sharing photographs, others in simply posting scans of their old prints/slides, others who just like to view photographs and others that aren't bothered about the photographs and just want to join in with the craic.

#3 Guest_ally_*

Guest_ally_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:28 AM

Cheers for the reply Steve, jeepers this is near 2010 so dinna tell me folk aint got camera's,ats a joke bud   :o

Thought this was going to be a good site with "every"member sharing there photos but dizna seem ti be that way, will it change  ???

#4 Marcus1608

Marcus1608

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:31 AM

tried afew times chaps but just got an error message, do i need to resize afore i try and upload ma photos like ya do wi th other site?

#5 Guest_ally_*

Guest_ally_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:44 AM

think they need ti be a size afore you can upload Marcus, good on ye for tryin ti upload a photo ???

#6 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:57 AM

I'm sure there's a fair few fall into the can't be arsed category.  Parr for the course I suppose, same as most places, fair enough for those that are a lang way from the sea and just want to have a bit look I suppose.  Not much you can do about it though

got a big pile here from a mate in ardnamurchan who passed em on to me as I'm sure he thinks computers are the devils work!

#7 JRC

JRC

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:13 AM

i ally your rite enough,i have a doze o photos iv taken en en tried to upload them on site but im always getin error message en im thinkin photo size is wrong size,im always waiting for sandy to show ma how to get them on hopefully wont be long some real good photos taken last 2/3month
jrc 

#8 bfsanders

bfsanders

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:47 AM

fit like jrc,,ill come down past yer house in i next couple days see if a can help bet youll have some good ones alright,,,cost yi a few drams and a shot o yer car thou,,,i had that problem due to the size of them i had t screw down my pixels on camera,,probally get cursed for this if he cana get his inbox opened imorn for folks photos but any i cant get loaded in now i send t barry mccrindle and he downsizes em for ma sorry baz and chhers baz,lol

#9 rsj65

rsj65

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:21 AM

2500 are no skippers,different view from under a shelterdeck ??? :o :tickedoff:

#10 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:34 AM

We'v tried our best by offering decent prizes bought between the sites owners and also some fantastic prizes donated by some of our members, if anyone has any ideas about improving things please feel free to speak up and we will take note.
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#11 DOGSBODY

DOGSBODY

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationSUNDERLAND

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:23 PM

Regardless how many members are uploading, or not as the case may be, i still think this is the BEST site,& some cracking photos are getting uploaded as well as really good artwork from debra & john.......................................... ??? :o :tickedoff: O0 O0
Paul...shyboy...Johnson.

#12 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:36 PM

Regardless how many members are uploading, or not as the case may be, i still think this is the BEST site,& some cracking photos are getting uploaded as well as really good artwork from debra & john.......................................... ??? :o :tickedoff: O0 O0

Hi Paul

21,614 shots in some 14 months isn't bad in my book, together with 2.437 topics posted to the Forum with 12,307 replies/comments on those topics  O0

#13 DOGSBODY

DOGSBODY

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationSUNDERLAND

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:44 PM

Aye it's still the best site by a mile, though it's about time we had a competition again, like can you guess how many times jammys pranged the boat this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :whistle: :whistle:
Paul...shyboy...Johnson.

#14 sam

sam

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:16 AM

I would take photos more often, the only problem is that I don't get much time to do so, there's not many boats left to take photos of and I'm not very good at taking photos. Plus for the past few months most of the fleet have been returning after dark so any photos I take would be of blurred lights and rain illuminated by the flash, and then I have a good habit of forgetting to charge my camera up when I do bother taking it ???.

#15 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:31 AM

if anyone needs photos resizing feel free to email them to barry@trawlerpictures.net and I'll shrink them down and email them back to you or I can post them on the site and change ownership of the photo to yourself.  If you do want me to post them please include the info for the picture
Any other problems feel free to ask and between us all I'm sure we'll manage to help
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#16 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:29 PM

Or use this free programm that I use all the time to resize http://www.freeimage...ser.com/resize/
Might need a wee bit tinkering about but not much ???
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#17 bfsanders

bfsanders

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:09 PM

haha you got me beedie,,,better warn jrc na t open it if his wifes standin behind him,take what hed get ???

#18 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

Or use the FREE program Picassa 3 from Google  @ http://picasa.google.com/

This program is good for editing and resizing photographs and best of all it is FREE.  Yes that's tight, its FREE.  O0

#19 mack rill

mack rill

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:59 PM

well ive just bought meesell a panasonic lumix so ill be looking to load up a few pics, mack!!

#20 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

haha you got me beedie,,,better warn jrc na t open it if his wifes standin behind him,take what hed get O0
Nae me Sandy tak it you got a link fae Kev as weel :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#21 dong86

dong86

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationthe wee toon

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:46 PM

yes steve thats right i use picassa its brilliant for editing pics etc etc
LETS GET ON THE CLAMS

#22 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:23 PM

yes steve thats right i use picassa its brilliant for editing pics etc etc

Yup, good for anyone who doesn't want the expense of a full blown photographic manipulation program - it will do everything that is required to get a photograph in a fit enough condition to be uploaded here  O0 - I use the program for its Album facility.

Reply to this topic