#2 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:05 PM

any need to discuss that on here? no. End of discussion
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#3 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:07 PM

but is it just me or can nobody get on

#4 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:12 PM

quick answer no,

technical feck up by the looks of it which I'm sure they'll have sorted in jiffy

#5 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:14 PM

well i cant log in knockersly
Mr Richard JohnstonEEEEEEEEE Jnr

Sure its a grand oul team ti play for

#6 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:15 PM

ooo well its just as well we got this site now then. great having the two sites. if one goes down you've always got the other. AND THATS OBVIOUS THAT U CANT LOG IN RICKY

#7 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:26 PM

ooo KNOCKERSLY lol if nu remember last week i sent u mail on it 2 tell someone 2 join here tat the goldfish again lol

#8 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:09 AM

so if CBEEBIES goes off air you change over to countdown, might suit you better, your memory lasts about the same time as the countdown clock, do do, do do, do do, doodlie doo
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#9 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:19 AM

na i prefer teletubies was it warm in thon green suit dipsy

#10 boat happy

boat happy

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationengland

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:25 AM

trawler pictures is better wot do you think lads
fishermens friends

#11 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:30 AM

in wat way trawl

#12 boat happy

boat happy

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationengland

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:33 AM

better photos
fishermens friends

#13 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:37 AM

and the best of lot is u can have great banter :o :o :o ;D

#14 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:03 AM

better photos

Hi Trawl

Plus points for me are:

1. Ease of navigation.
2. Way that the photographs are displayed - the magnified view is a real bonus allowing more detail of the vessels/boats to be seen.
3. Community feel to the site with responsive owners and moderators/admins.

#15 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:44 AM

all of that and more, its annoying me when i look at a pic taken with a phone and it won't zoom in, got that used to that feature already it is brilliant the way you don't lose any quality, as for the admin, i still can't believe how complete strangers have been so kind since this site was first talked about, i've never met any of them and only know them by their family name and reputations but they have been first class all the way, even giving me an honorary title which seemed to annoy someone elsewhere, never a bad thing. the site works the way you want it to work for you, i like to open a page showing the most recently commented on pics, easier to keep up to date with things that way, finally figured out how to get to my own images quickly too when one has been commented on, i find using the link in an email a pest, i just use it asa notification and get to the pic by other means.
i was a member of another place for six months before i posted a comment, i like to get a feel for the place first, get some insight into those using it, here that happened instantly mainly due to knowing most of the e arly members from that place but subsequent new members have just dived right in and expanded everything quickly, this site has more regular poster than the other place even tho at present just over a sixth of the membership, its the death of sites when it might have a healthy membership but few regular contributors, seen it before, here tho the regulars form a majority so it can only get better and better, can't blame the owners of any other site, they just didn't understand the complex personality traits of the membership and left things in the hands of someone who had no personality and took his dream of how things should be far too seriously, you'll have noticed for example that there are no communication problems on this site, hence the sharing of information is healthy, the serious side of things have the proper decorum to make such topics understandable even to the complete novice, which when it comes to most methods of fishing, i include myself in the ignorant to novice section. in john baird's case i come way below ignorant, to the point of mental frustration at my inability, but he has encouraged me to practise just by posting his fine work for me to study. even my daughter has been trying her hand at drawing her old man's boat after looking at john's pics, thats how we spent sunday afternoon, laptop between us with a pic of the boat and the room strewn with pencils and rubbers, might even get one good enough to post, i understand perspective, can explain it to her but haven't managed to transfer it to paper to my own satisfaction.
a small thing you might think, but just one example of how this site is better, in future months and years i hope that the model boat section on here will expand and i will be inspired to carry on with the work i started through contact with the experts on the other site, one or two are members here but haven't got round to giving us the benefit of their working methods as yet, hopefully they will be encouraged to do so.

oh and the CBEEBIES comment was for knoxxy, but if the cap fits? tho god knows where you'd find one to fit that napper, well thats outside my area of expertise!!!
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#16 Martin Johns

Martin Johns

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPlymouth

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:12 PM

Must admit that the "zoom in" feature is good but if your zooming in on a photo taken with a camera phone its going to be crap anyway. A very useful feature for photos of the high quality Steve is posting though. 

#17 Guest_John Baird_*

Guest_John Baird_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:53 PM

Glad my drawings and those of Cameron Houston can be an inspiration to someone with a feel for drawing or painting . I, d be glad to help anyone . As regards the site in general . It is a well run site that takes into consideration everybodys views. Certain individuals on another site seemed to live in a " little world of their own !!" ie. It probably was the first time in their life that they had or were allowed to have any authority , and it went straight to their head!! Problem was there was no " brain matter " between the two ears to absorb it !!

#18 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

your own work and cameron houston's are a credit to any site that wants to post them john the site needs all aspects of pictures whether digital or pen

#19 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:04 PM

your own work and cameron houston's are a credit to any site that wants to post them john the site needs all aspects of pictures whether digital or pen

Well it could be argued that the artwork takes a heck of a lot more effort and skill than pointing a camera at a boat  :o
Not being in any way artistic, have never been able to draw anything, the paintings/drawings that I've seen on this site are excellent.

#20 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:18 PM

john ur work uve done 4 me and the site is great u should be famous by end o year lol keep up good work young fla

Reply to this topic