#1 langcrag

langcrag

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:46 PM

Hi,
       Just joined the site. Very impressive, that is until i discovered a comment by one of the administrators. Re slogan competition on trawlerphotos. I was the winner of this competition. Why has Quiet Waters called the winning entry "feeble effort". Is that what you call sour grapes?. Why this remark from a person i dont even know.

#2 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:35 PM

its what is called an opinion, you maybe had another name on that site? i do know when i tried to find the name of the winner i couldn't, it had appeared to have been deleted from that thread of the forum, i thought it had been written by young ronnie, mr marr, from oban, but he said it was not him, after that i lost interest, congratulations on winning, well done you, and no i wasn't having a go at you, why would i? all you did was enter your slogan, the fact i thought it unoriginal and rather obvious is neither here nor there, if and this is a big if, my own entry is still viewable on that site a quick glance at it will show you that the author of the piece did not for one second imagine he, being me, first sign of insanity spoeaking about yourself in the third person, anyway, i never thought for one second that i would win, my opinion that i thought 90% of the other entries feeble, unoriginal and boring is just my own opinion, your winnig entry? i couldn't remember it if you promised me a million pounds, you obviously thought different, so did the judges who chose it, why my opinion would matter to you i have no idea? nobody else on here bothers to listen to or take my opinion on anything seriously, why should you be the first? i'm taking it your slogan was the at a pc near you? i'm still sure that i know the person that did the fishy tales or stories some true slogan, that catchy i forgot it already after 30 seconds. just my humble opinion, my entry was meant to be funny, self deprecating, amusing,, the general standard of the entries were of a poor standard, you obviously entered thinking yours was best, probably read the others and thought they were rubbish, only differance is you kept that thought to yourself. so i'm sorry if i didn't like your slogan and i hope you wear your free copy with pride, you'll certainly stand out in a crowd, probabvly the only one that has one!!!! i'm content to wear my trawlerpictures.net Tshirt, pretty catchy slogan eh? i hope you enjoy this site but please have a wee look round it before taking umbrage just because i didn't like your slogan, have a wee read of the "REAL" personal attacks on me by a member, if i can laugh them off i'm sure you'll find it in your heart to forgive me, alternatively you could complain to offnet and sell your story to the sun, maybe others who never saw my comment will be equally offended and start a campaign? i am forever, tongue firmly in cheek QW.
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#3 nicky l

nicky l

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

we might have to suspend you for 12 weeks with no pay m o r r i s

#4 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:56 PM

you mean i was supposed to be getting paid for the last six weeks? no idea what it would be for but i won't argue, i'd forgotten all about this thread, within 30sec of my post, but i've re-read it and now its spoiled my weekend, it means i can't complain aboyt the level of effort or skill during any live football this weekend since i don't even know the players concerned, they are just names and faces to me!!! come to that how will i be able to take the piss when the feeling arises out of ronnie or frank, you or james or barry or willie or any of the countless others who are just names to me on here, i've never met any of you, if i have to stick to those i know its going to be a long winter for ricki and robbie!!!!!
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#5 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:51 PM

its going 2 be a long winter anyway lol
Mr Richard JohnstonEEEEEEEEE Jnr

Sure its a grand oul team ti play for

#6 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:54 PM

Is that you upsettin Trawler Photos boys again Morris tut tut jist hae ti stick ti gettin at us
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#7 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:28 PM

naw naw, jeest the same wan as last time, only he has a new name, i twigged him right off so see how long he hangs around, bit of a pingu fan so he is

#8 nicky l

nicky l

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:01 AM

i was just referring to the recent incident in the papers were a couple of well known employees of the bbc were reprimanded after complaints were made. 12 weeks with no pay and all that. i wasnt implying that you were getting paid for anything. are you?? i hope your not selling any of your medication at the schoolgates  ;)

#9 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:59 AM

they can buy their ain!!! i've hardly enough for mysel, as for the two you mentioned? i'm afraid i don't find them amusing, tho i didna see wit the fuss wiz aboot, but then i've never been offended by something i didna hear or see until i read it in the papers days later, should those thoosans naw have complained to the daily mail for printin it? naw, then the hoor at the centre oh it pawns her erse tae the sun for a few sheckles and then is on telly the day ah indignant, aye right but she'll get her paps oot and let you shag her for a hunner pown, tho it does work oot cheaper as bein merried!!!
i'm watchin a program aboot taggert, apparently its been on for 25yrs, funny that, i've jeest been merried fur 25yrs, noo theres a murrrdduurrr!!!!!

#10 nicky l

nicky l

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:41 AM

every time i think of taggert i get a mental image of sir alex ferguson. they could have been brothers if one wasnt a fictitious tv character obviously!! aye it was funny that grandaughter of manuels actin the innocent butter wouldnt melt. turns out shes been in a few blues in her day. another 5 minutes of fame she milked out of her grandfather. al bet he was happy with her when that surfaced. i dont mind whores in general but i cant stand media whores!

#11 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:31 AM

they mentioned fergie when speaking about who could replace mark mcmanus when he died, and the ginger gay cop told a story aboot asking fergie for an autograph for a mate, fergie told him he was sick of the sight of him as his wife taped all the taggerts and when fergie arrives home in the middle of the night from a european match and wants to watch something to unwind with a half before bed all his wife has recorded is episodes of taggert. its the same in my hoose only the wife disna manage man utd and all i have recorded on  the sky+ is trawlermen, american chopper, that weeks NFL and her getting interviewed on the telly during the first opening of an SNP parlly, the boy was playing in the parade with Kintyre Schools Pipeband and we went to embra to watch it, she ended up getting interviewed on telly, i'd set the box to record the prog aboot the opening and luckily chose the right channel, if i'd chosen the STV coverage we would never have seen her, anyone who saw it might remember the embarressed mother who told the interviewer that her son was a piper, he's naw, he's a drummer!!! and answered every other question with "VERY MUCH SO", i'd never heard the expression before, but now you hear it on telly at least once a week, naw sayin she started the trend but maybe i just never listened to anything she's said in the last 25 yrs? if she is pestering me i just stick it on, have it cued to start right at the same spot every time, she just leaves the room, and the kids use it to answer any question she asks them, it was a great day, we weren't with the official party who were all sporting passes to the parly and ignoring us common folk, when nicola sturgeon and jim mather came to speak to the band after the parade and pose for pics we arrived after finding our way in thanks to a freenly bobby, the guy who pretty much runs the band, well all the stuff not to do with the playing side of things, was waiting for the MSP's to speak to him, jim mather spotted me and shouted over to me, completely blanking the wee toadie, his face was a picture as the two MSP's asked me how i thought their first hundred days had gone, and i asked them if they'd given alex my plans for the next hundred? jokingly of course, wee fergal was as we say thieveless, i'd met jim mather before the election, he was oot canvassing with the local cooncillor and i spotted them passing my gate, they weren't going to come to my door, taking my vote for granted as i've known the cooncillor for thirty years, so i went oot and chinned them, demanding they come and sell their votes to me, jim mather obviously just remembered my face and name and was being polite when he hailed me but boy did it ruin the wee mans day when he got blanked, even more when we got into the parly and up to the place the band were playing inside, he thought it was just those with passes that were getting in, didn't count on my chinning the MSP with responsibility for heid of security oh and the first meenister himsel, i even got oor lot one of the picnic baskets each that were reserved as lunch for the invited guests. think those with the passes must have resented it, they used a pic of the band playing inside the parly for the school calender, on the cover, i had taken my folding chair with me so i didn't need to stand during the long day, the pic was taken pointing at the band with a piller in the centre of the band, behind them, i had been sitting in my chair, and a wummun MSP, that labour wan wae the blonde hair that ran for leader recently, canna mind her name, she had been given my daughters folding chair to sit on so she could listen, she blethered away wae me quite the thing asking questions aboot the band, we were airbrushed oot the picture for some reason? naw cathie jamieson, the other sherp nosed yin?

#12 willie tar

willie tar

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:35 PM

jeezus maureice can you no reply in one sentice?:'(

#13 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:44 PM

jeez wullie thought you would have known that what can be said in 5 words morris needs 5 pages hahahahaha

#14 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:52 AM

They might be long,but you have to hand it to him,he's second to none for entertainment value.  He should get the viddy-cam and a big chair oot and dae wan o' thae Wee Ronnie Corbett type monologues for the video section on here !!

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#15 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:25 PM

now tat would be funny yr
Mr Richard JohnstonEEEEEEEEE Jnr

Sure its a grand oul team ti play for

#16 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:23 PM

don't bloody tempt me, there did that in wan sentice, happy? noo your brother will complain its too short, think we'll just dab that under the carpet, he'll know what i mean!!!!

Reply to this topic