2 replies to this topic

#1 IrishAmity

IrishAmity

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:36 PM

Greetings to all from Ireland, I would like to introduce my good-self - I' am Mark and just this very morning found this wonderful portal and web-site.

I live near to the following fishing ports, Killybegs Harbour (County Donegal) Burtonport Harbour (County Donegal) Greencastle Fish Exports/Harbour (County Donegal) Kilkeel Harbour (County Down) to name but a few and recently visited a few of the afore mentioned places. I did manage to capture a few photographs and I would like to share them with you all indeed.

However, I must point point out that myself and computers do not see eye to eye and the uploading of photographs is one thing I haven't totally mastered as yet. If I could e-mail them to one of the members, then you can have the permission to upload them and share them for the benefit of the group.

Please do get in touch and I' am delighted to be here, also one final question - could you please provide me some information from the point of view of obtaining the book of which I see currently discussed, Fishing Vessels Of Ireland & Britain.

My kindest thanks and all the very best for now.

Mark N... :)

#2 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:21 PM

welcome mark,  you're not the only one in these parts that doesn't get on with computers, so wouldn't worry too much.  The uploading bit is pretty straightforward, go tot he gallery category you want, and there's a link at the bottom to add a picture.. if you get stuck just shout, there'll like as not be plenty folks willing to give you a few pointers

the book was published by Fishing News, believe they sold it to a third party now, last years was not to many peoples liking!  Watch this space, I'm sure there'll be some debate about the new one when it comes out next month!

#3 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:27 PM

Welcome to the site Mark, hope you enjoy it
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

Reply to this topic