Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:02 AM

http://news.bbc.co.u...von/7645578.stm

#2 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:20 AM

sounds like someone local does it not? well someone with local knowledge at least? hopefully its an international incident like the guy i'm watching right now argueing with poor john buchan, its the best bit oftelly in months complete with the pidgeon doric, why he's talking on the VHF and pointing at the same time i have no idea, he must be a pal of davie tait as he's telling the spaniard to speak correct english!!!!!!

"you broken the net number 3"

"there'll be a wur over thes yet"
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#3 Hooked

Hooked

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationMidsomer Norton, Nr Bath

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:13 PM

lol QW, nice quip!

Trawlermen not on tonight  ;D What a short series that was eh

#4 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:11 PM

yea very short series but it was good all the same

#5 Alexander West

Alexander West

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationFraserburgh

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:46 AM

I missed the one on mpnday was oot nd foned ma mither ti sky+ it nd she thot it was on at half 8 but i think ye can watch it on bbc i player
ALEXANDER WEST JNR

#6 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:59 AM

exactly!!! i was just going thru my program planner loking for next weeks show and couldn't find it? was there only the four? i feel a strongly worded complaint to the BBC coming on, i've been complaining to all the heads of relevent dept. at the beeb for years about countryfile and landward giving farmers a year round weekly magazine program while we get bugger all, the sh!t shovellers even have their own soap opera emmerdale farm and its adult version emmerdale after dark for aberdeen viewers!!!
what does the fishing industry have? a bloody jellied eel stall on eastenders and a few clam divers on a drama called "The L Word" on the Living channel (drama featuring mostly lesbian characters for the slow witted among us, not that i've ever watched it, honest!!!!)

the eagle eyed among you might even have noticed that trawlermen is not even made by BBC Scotland, its produced from birmingham, the closest connection i can make between birmingham and the fishing industry is its bullring and the coo hides that they used to use as chafers at the queenie fisheries in the 1960's, or the bullsh!t that the westminster minister jokingly claiming to represent the industry spouts upon returning from brussels every december. four episodes is complete nonsense and it would have been easy to miss one of those as it was moved from the wednesday to the following monday without notice, i have them all on my sky+ and if i hadn't got the series link set i wouldn't have known it was on monday past. i have the personal email addresses of all the heads at BBC Scotland as i took the time to hunt them down ages ago, plus i'm on the panel that reviews all the beeb's output, i'm making it my lifes work to get adrian chiles sacked, just cos he's a pain in the arse, its having an effect as they keep asking me more indepth questions on my opinion of him, so either the one show will get the boot or i'll get a restraining order, banned from watching the BBC, a magazine program on the industry would be fascinating, even if you had no connection to  the job, even if it was a monthly program, but then if they did commission it we'd probably get stuck with doogie vipond presenting it, he's an expert in square mesh panels and ships called dignity apparently?
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#7 Hooked

Hooked

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

I did a series link but sky + didn't work for me.  ;D

Oh learned one?  I'm sure i typed lol QW  ???

#8 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:37 AM

you probably did, just me being mischeevus, a wee tip for you if your sky+ is playing up like that, you need to do the equivilent of a defrag on a pc, you might find that you have failed recordings of progs you never set it to record, ITV and sky channels like sport and movies are main culprits. likewise if your box is prone to switching itself off sometimes, heres what to do:-

press the services button then press 4, 0, 1 and select, this takes you to a screen called installer setup, scroll down to number 7 sky+ planner rebuild and select it, the box will switch off, leave it a few minutes and then press the sky button to reboot the system, should do the trick, if you've nothing saved that you don't mind it deleting you can press 8 full system reset instead, that completely wipes your hard drive and any little bugs its got from thr series link which does cause problems, sky will say its your box but its not, its their signal, it is pretty complicated when you think about it, but if you try this it'll save you £65 an engineer would charge. i've never tried the full reset as i'm a lazy bugger and haven't got round to sticking the BBC footage of the first opening of the SNP parliament in holyrood, my son was playing with his pipeband in the parade and my wife got interviewed on the telly, so i have to keep that, i'll get round to it one of those days, the wabbit chewed the scart lead to the dvd recorder and i haven't replaced it, the wabbit has been deed for three months and the footage was recorded about a year ago!!!! its on my one of these days list.

#9 Hooked

Hooked

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:47 PM

Oh learned one!

Thanks for the tip, i'll give it a whirl if it plays up again.  I see re-runs are appearing on either BBC 3 or 4 & Dave.  Missed the i player version by one day, damn.

One thing, have you have got round to removing the wabbit from behind the TV stand?!!

#10 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:24 PM

don't its still a sore point, it was supposed to be the daughters but guess who fed and watered her, plus she was the only woman i've ever known that didn't answer back, i could have indepth conversations with her while hanging out the washing and she never disagreed with a word i said, neighbours thought i was mad, but what do they know? the circumstances were very mysterious, the little bit where i live there were two wabbits and two dogs and all died within the space of two weeks, cooncil parks dept. are getting the blame, spraying weedkiller or something, thats the second one they've killed, i'm sure there must be some law that says they have to signpost such things? giving the head guy his character didn't satisfy me either, your not allowed to look at any public servant the wrong way these days without getting labelled a headcase

#11 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:24 PM

download bbci player u get 6days 2 watch everythin u dowload u put tat rope back aboard tat boator ill shoot ma creaper sounds like someon i no  :P :D :D
Mr Richard JohnstonEEEEEEEEE Jnr

Sure its a grand oul team ti play for

#12 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

the comment of the serie must have been from john buchan
"speak proper english" said from a PD accent lol

#13 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:34 PM

john buchan is my hero, we should have nominations for trawlerpictures fisherman of the year, a bigger honour than an OBE for a lifetime of saying "yes sir, no sir, would you like me to bend over and grab my ankles so you can kick my erse sir?" to fisheries ministers.

#14 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:38 PM

i'd already figured that out, i didn't save the first one, deleted it by mistake, my autistic nephew was visiting and he likes to sit with the remote and set the reminder on all his favourite programs, does it at a speed that would stump a grown up and he is only five, when he left i had to sit and delete about two dozen programs he'd set to record, the first episode got deleted in the process.

Reply to this topic