ARE YOU ONE OF THE TOP 1,000? as chosen by the editor of Fishing News

5 replies to this topic

#1 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:29 PM

I received a letter in the post today on Intrafish headed notepaper from the editor of the Fishing News.

It told me that he had at his disposal 1,000 Editor's preferential subscription invitations for the Fishing News, it continued, and i quote "These invitations are not being made widely available and it is at my personal discretion whom i choose to approach"

It goes on to say " i am naturally very keen that it is received by as many opinion-formers throughout the industry as possible" Even better it then says "As an important member of our fishing community i would be delighted if you would accept this invitation for a preferential subscription to Fishing News."

As of this morning this site has 2,245 members so about 55% of members won't be getting one of those golden tickets in their mailbag, that's supposing that all the top movers and shakers are members? i don't see many of the big celebs on here so its maybe 75-80% of members who will have missed out. Wish I'd got it yesterday as i could have mentioned it to the gentleman i had a very amusing conversation with in the bank this morning, he was inquiring about currency for his trip to French Polynesia and told me that he has featured on this site or the other place where someone called him a poisoned dwarf of all things!!!!!
Maybe he was sent a golden ticket? a man of his standing and many years of service to the industry, he would surely be what Mr. Oliver calls an opinion-former, even if he did tell me he is planning to set up a stall selling black pearls on his return, i told him he'd need to rely on farmers for customers and May or June were good months for business as the subsidies for the year ahead would be paid out by then. He said he wasn't angling for any more involvement as he is retired now but he had not been openly named, just the initials P.S.
Good luck with your golden tickets, it'll be like xmas when you open your mail, looking to see if you are one of the lucky 999 + me!!!

The benefit of this preferential subscription? a whole 10% off, a saving of £8 leaving an annual cost of £72.
Its my lucky week, I'm also nominated for six MOBO awards!!!

lucky white heather, lucky white heather!!!!!
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#2 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:50 PM

Hi QW

Yes I got one - can only assume that it was a result of attending Fishing 2009 at Glasgow - I'm certainly not in the target audience (demographic) and will continue to pick my copy up at the local newsagents shop even given the additional cost  :crazy2:

#3 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:54 PM

you might have let me live the dream just a bit longer? i wasn't at the expo!!
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#4 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:01 PM

you might have let me live the dream just a bit longer? i wasn't at the expo!!

Then you should feel honoured QW not to be included within the great unwashed who passed through the doors of the SECC  :crazy2:

#5 isleseafoods

isleseafoods

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:14 PM

I got one too - and I've already got a subscription, you'ld think the editor would've checked.

#6 isleseafoods

isleseafoods

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:33 PM

Wish I'd got it yesterday as i could have mentioned it to the gentleman i had a very amusing conversation with in the bank this morning, he was inquiring about currency for his trip to French Polynesia and told me that he has featured on this site or the other place where someone called him a poisoned dwarf of all things!!!!!
He said he wasn't angling for any more involvement as he is retired now but he had not been openly named, just the initials P.S.

See this link, he's called a poison dwarf in post number three, and the initials PS given. Post number nineteen he is named (surname only). The whole thread is a good read - I'm sure you'll recognise my contributions :crazy2:

http://www.worldseaf...ad.php?t=201999

Reply to this topic