5 replies to this topic

#1 Sweltered

Sweltered

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:42 PM

Is this show being aired over there? It is the most contrived reality show I've ever seen. They transferred someone ship to ship, and had to do it with the guy being hauled throught the water because it was too rough ( 2 foot swell being too dangerous for the boats to come alongside one another). It has that female skipper who wrote the books. She is very irritating in print, but that pales in comparrison when she is on camera. What a pain in the arse she is..
"Hanging is the outlaw's path to glory and much too good for the likes of you."

#2 Mrs R

Mrs R

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBallantrae

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:26 PM

Linda Greenlaw?

#3 Sweltered

Sweltered

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:38 PM

Linda Greenlaw?

Yes that's her !

#4 Mrs R

Mrs R

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBallantrae

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:40 PM

Read her book....not sure...?

#5 sorcha

sorcha

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:43 PM

Ive read her book and i thought it was o.k. but main problem was that it just went over the same ground as The Perfect Storm which I thought WAS a brilliant book with great descriptions of the sea an weather etc.
It sounded like she did other fishing as well so she could have written something fresher but i suppose it would sell well on the back o the film!!?? :-\

#6 Sweltered

Sweltered

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:12 PM

Ive read her book and i thought it was o.k. but main problem was that it just went over the same ground as The Perfect Storm which I thought WAS a brilliant book with great descriptions of the sea an weather etc.
It sounded like she did other fishing as well so she could have written something fresher but i suppose it would sell well on the back o the film!!?? :-\

I just found her annoying in the book. I hope the show is broadcast over there, it is so bad that it is worth a watch. It shouldn't be a surprise though, they are all from New England, home of the most obnoxious people on the planet.

Reply to this topic