Swan LK243 - who needs an engine!

5 replies to this topic

#1 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:35 PM

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param

#2 mackem1946

mackem1946

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:05 AM

Absolutely brilliant, could you imagine a fleet of these running out to the grounds. :uglystupid2:
I'm happy in my own little world, everyone knows me here.

#3 mack rill

mack rill

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:52 PM

aye shes nicking on  there nae doot wonder if the reaper could catch her??

#4 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:57 PM

15.5 knots apparently  :milkybar:

#5 GeeBee

GeeBee

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:17 PM

A fleet o' these DID run off to the grounds, and after the effort of hoisting and tacking etc, they had to shoot and haul a fleet of drift nets, or whatever gear they were working. No wheelhouse, messroom, gymnasium either! A Shetlander told me recently that his grandfather used to say it was easier hauling 20 herring nets rather than raising the mast..a daily event! I take my hat off to every one o' them.
Was on her this trip ..bound for Faroe .. great boat, great bunch o' lads, great fun. Trip o' a lifetime. Recommend it to anyone.
PS .. GLAD O' THE ENGINE TO HEAT UP THE BOAT!! .. Not as tough as my forefathers.

#6 ferrydenner

ferrydenner

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

What a machine!  she's nipping on there!  i'm sure she sailed doon to arbroath a few years back from the shetlands.  My old mans mate, a tanker captain from sullom voe was was on her i think.  superb video!

Reply to this topic