5 replies to this topic

#1 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:52 PM

I am looking to buy a lap top or desk top pc for my room. If i go down the desk top route i already have a tv that has a computer connection so it would just be the tower bit i would need and we already have a wireless system set up for my brothers lap top. basically i am looking for the most computer for the smallest amount of cash. no more than about 450 quid preferably cheeper but 450 is about the top top end and i dont really know much about computers so All help greatly appreciated

regards
knoxy

#2 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:17 PM

get a refurbished macintosh from the MAC website, basically brand new as they come with a mac guarentee much better than PC rubbish
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#3 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:07 PM

I am thinking o getting a laptop dont know what one or mac or pc just a laptop if anyone knows of a good new one going at a decent price let me know. just need to try and find out what one is best for me now not easy when i dont know much about them lol

#4 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:05 PM

i have been recommended this one from a mate of mine and it might only have 250 gig hard drive but i have an external hard drive of 500 gig so that = more than enough 750 gig hard drive. http://direct.tesco....R.206-9915.aspx what is your opinion on it as i dont know much about laptops
cheers knoxy

#5 davidanvil

davidanvil

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationGIRVAN

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:37 PM

YOUNG KNOXY, YOU WILL HAVE TO DECIDE SCREEN SIZE, THEN IF YOUR USING FOR PICTURES GOOD RESOLUTION ,OBVIOUSLY PRICE. DONT JUMP IN UNTIL YOU GET WHAT IS BEST LOOK AT ALL POSSIBILITYS YOU'VE LIVED THIS LONG WITHOUT SO TAKE YOUR TIME MY ADVICE IIS GO FOR THE VERY BEST YOU CAN AFFORD SAVE UP FOR A BETTER ONE COS A CHEAPY IS NO USE AND TO QUOTE FINCUTTER AS SURE AS THERE'S SHITE IN A NANNY GOAT YOU'LL SEE A BETTER ONE THE DAY AFTER GETTJNG ONE 8)
KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY AND DO IT TO THEM BEFORE THEY DO IT TO YOU!

#6 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:51 PM

aye well it is a joined birthday and christmas prezzie from mum and dad so that is there price limit really so and i have a 22 inch lcd hd flat screen telly that will take the laptop connection so screen size is ok and how often am i going to be away  with my camera where i ned to upload the photos right at that time but i will go to currys and that and see what deal they can give us on a good lap top that one i suggested wasnt to bad for the price

Reply to this topic