• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#121 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:03 AM

believe it or not i went to school with a great granny, she had a girl at 16, a granny at 30 and a great granny earlier this year, we are only 46!!! and your right aboot the weans pushing weans, theres a lassie lived next door to me for a while, horrible femily were rentin the hoose efter the wummun that lived there died, she has three weans and she's naw 20 yet, had the first at 14, nae shame wae them either, pushin weans aboot in £500 buggies, wea ah the designer gear on, smokin laik chimleys, mobile phone stuck to the ear, ah fastracked to the top of the hoosin list too, they recently knocked doon the two worst areas aboot 150 hooses, i maintain they shoona have bothered moving the scum oot the hooses first!! and they should implement a scheme to sterilise them at an early age, if you hae 2 weans afor your 18 and yer naw merried then you shud be sterilised, theres femilies that you'd need to go back to the men doin national service afor you'll find wan that ever worked. they know every trick in the book, the majority of thier weans have either autism or ADD, mair money from the disability, and i don't say that lightly, i have a nephew who is autistic, seems all oor femily ailments are linked genetically, all things that attack the nerve system in some way, my grandfathers parkinsons, my mothers guillian barre which she;s been in hospital with since july, my MS and the nephews autism. i know the difference between a wean being autistic and being raised to do as it pleases, they have behaviour problems right enough but its learned behaviour, wot chance has the weans fae a tramp wae parents that are sponging drunks and grandparents are third generation scum got? they make the nesbitts look like upper middle class, they are easy to spot, the males will be wearing a burberry cap and the females will be decked in cheap gold jewellary!!!!
aye its hate the local scum week, i have a recurring dream that involves me having a gattling gun, good job this is naw america!!!
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#122 nicky l

nicky l

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:45 PM

i came to the conclusion that sterilisation is the only answer to rid the country of this problem. as you say every one of them is an authority on how to screw the system that muggins here an every other worker supports. no wonder the old folk cant afford to heat thier homes. the powers that be are more interested in makin sure the methadone cupboards dont run dry and that all the baby makin factories are all handsomely subsidised. the government understands that without the baby makin factories this country has no future. what will all the public sector workers do without all the young offenders,junkies,single mothers,alchoholics,malingerers and general underachievers?? they are a big part of the system. without them the system doesnt work. hitler was a terrible man who done unspeakable things but ill tell you somethin, he just might have had a solution to this festering mess we know as modern day britain.

#123 westword

westword

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:55 PM

Still, petrol and diesel are both well down in price!  ??? :-*
KILL EM ALL, LET GOD SORT EM OOT.

#124 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationthe rosses,co.donegal

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:22 PM

what? ya gonna torch them to get rid of them all westword??-waste of b****y fuel  ??? :-*
bend it,and if you can`t bend it,break it.

#125 nicky l

nicky l

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:32 PM

lol ???

#126 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

got carried away a bit didn't i? just a wee bit, but you have a point, the majority of those in work just push papers, don't manufacture or produce anything, biggest employers in every part of the country are the government departments, i should have been a social worker, i could sit on my erse doing feck all for £40,000 a year plus benefits, still on an afternoon like this theres bigger woes, man city have scored, still every cloud and that, silver lining, they are palying the gunners, i'm happy, penniless but happy, i know of one person, hasn't worked in 15yrs, spends £200 a month on claes and just paid £800 cash for a new TV!!!! oh and can go oot drinking two nights a week, my incapacity due to my MS and diabetis doesn't cover the weekly food and leccy bill. still i wouldn't swap places with any of those interbred scum, 4pm, they'll just be getting up now
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#127 vauds

vauds

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

Hi just recently joined site,very impressed so far. Look forward to searching site properly and getting to know some of you other members.

#128 big wheels

big wheels

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:47 PM

WOW!!! if theres one thing I cant stand its someone who is undecided in their oppinion lol, must still be steam commin out QWs puter. PS get with the times   gattlin guns are much too slow, good ol german MG 34 you could get five times as many per minute :'( :'( :)
Fish tremble at the mere mention of my name.

#129 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:58 PM

big wheels,hard to beat the germans for efficency mg 34 good kit-but hard to beat a big stick for sheer sport and general satisfaction :'( :'(

#130 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:09 PM

oh no, theres no romance with such modern technology, i have this whole picture of me standing on the back of a wagon, rooster cogburn style, turning the handle to crank the gatling gun, ok so i watched it recently and it put the thought in my head, but its moved on from the days when clint eastwood's magnum would have done the job, six shots would have cleaned up dodgetoon in those days.
oh, i don't mind fence sitters, just as long as its naw my fence they are sitting on, ask any of the cats in my road.

#131 armada

armada

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationVigo-Spain

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for the explaining, is jsut soething the family is asking about. I know you RAF did right many rescues it was only to know what happpened in this one. Mainly becuase we will not get a full investigation info at least in one year and the family asks now for it not in one year. Thank you about your warm welcome to the list.

Alex, Vigo-Spain. Im fish auctioner and importer in the Vigo auction. We are also trawler agents for 3 ships which unload they fresh catches in Vigo.
Just came throu the internet to your page looking for some solutions for one of the shipowners i work with. And was very impressed to see the quantity of small ships based in the islands. Also was good to see the image of the ships i buy the fish to sometimes, or ships i have seen fish here from.
Just will like to keep in touch with here people and also see posibilities to know more news about fishing industry here and fishing lives.
I´ve posted the image of the ship which last 11/11/08 lost one crewmember while an accident occur and after waiting for the rescue hellicopter for 4 hours since the call. I will like to know if that is normal to take so long even haveing hard weather. Anything you need just dont hesitate to contact with me. Regards

Buenas Tardes Alex

Condolencia a la muerte del miembro de equipo

Whilst it took 4 hours for the Search & Rescue helicopter from 771 Squadron RNAS Culdrose to reach the vessel it has to be take into account the complex nature of this operation:

1. The initial emergency call was made via MRCC Madrid and had to be routed through to the UK with initial language translation difficulties.
2. Due to the weather conditions and the distance from the UK, the RAF had to scramble a Nimrod aircraft from Kinlkoss in Scotland to give control and safety control of the event.
3. The helicopter had to be scrambled and fly 147 miles in gale force winds

The above obviously account for the time taken to reach the Pescaberbes Tres and I'm sure the UK Search and Rescue did their very best.

berbes_seafood@yahoo.es
all you need about Vigo please contact.
msn only: granarmada@hotmail.com

#132 big wheels

big wheels

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:48 PM

Seem to have got off the introduction thing, but anyway.Graham Eker from Guernsey in the English Channel. Skipper owner for forty years, mostly crabbing, now line fishing pollock and bass. Enjoying it more every day. Like most of us mental age of twelve, on a good day. :)
Fish tremble at the mere mention of my name.

#133 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:56 PM

Welcome aboard Graham and with the mental age of 12 you will fit right in :)
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#134 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:58 PM

with a mental age of twelve he will be a senior member!

#135 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:30 PM

With a CV like that I would say he was a prime candidate for the TP6 club Frankie...sign him up before somebody else poaches him !!

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#136 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:04 AM

sounds like a good egg!!!

that joke will be available in next years xmas crackers!!!

#137 cookie1

cookie1

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationKirkwall Orkney

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

John Wells , full time dinghy fisherman ! K998 , fish from Scapa usually

#138 calumbo

calumbo

Mate

• Administrators
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDunure

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy it ;)

#139 craypot

craypot

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationWellington, New Zealand

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:21 AM

Hallo from New Zealand !
I joined this site recently and its excellent ! My background is merchant navy where I spent 12 years as a seaman mainly on coastal and trans - Tasman vessels. My interest in fishing stems from growing up in the fishing community of Island Bay, Wellington during the 1960s and early 70s which consisted then of mainly Italian and some Shetland Islanders. So in the street where we lived we were surrounded by fishermen and naturally I would ask to go out for a trip crayfishing, lining for groper and sometimes set netting. As a boy I would watch fishermen or retired fishermen making craypots which until the 1990s were made of cane or stretching ropes down the the street and watching them sling nets. I have owned a boat since I was 18 years old and enjoy a bit of recreational fishing in Wellington harbour which is a large expanse of water or in good weather fishing off the south coast of Wellington. When I came ashore I started working in a maritime museum and was privileged to do a number of oral history recordings of old fishermen which were placed in the National Library. This has fed my interest in the fishing industry and all things maritime. My wife has 3 brothers in the industry  two are trawler skippers and the other a commercial abalone diver so they keep me up with whats going on in the industry today
These days I work for the Greater Wellington Regional Council's Harbours Depart at Wellington Harbour Radio as a Radio Communications Officer so I have contact with shipping coming and going from Wellington which includes fishing vessels.
Regards to all
craypot ;)
"You can't beat Wellington on a good day"

#140 calumbo

calumbo

Mate

• Administrators
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDunure

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for joining us. Hope you enjoy it around here.

#141 fincutter

fincutter

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMillport

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

Hi troops. Howard McCrindle, shivering on the Isle of Cumbrae. Semi retired would be fisherman, one time centre of hatred from Greenies for shootin' poor wee sharks, King o' the socializers for a wheen o' years but burnt oot noo. Been here for a while onsite and am lovin' it. Short drags an' big bags tae yez a'.
ps. Heard rumour that one local up here described tp6 as haven for hasbeens an' wannabes. A wee bit cheeky eh?
Live for today .... Tomorrow might no' come.

Life is for livin' lovin' and laughin'.

#142 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:59 AM

ull always be 1 tats up 4 the banter howard hows ur book comin on ill try get in next week 4 a pint weather wasnt in it this week
Mr Richard JohnstonEEEEEEEEE Jnr

Sure its a grand oul team ti play for

#143 calumbo

calumbo

Mate

• Administrators
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDunure

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:40 AM

Have locked this thread - please feel free to start a new one if you want to introduce yourself.

#144 lady anna

lady anna

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:22 AM

Hi Scott here fish in New Zealand aboard Lady Anna shes a 50ft  trawler   love the work. Got shares in  a pleasure  boat which i spend my days off on. Awesome site  keep it up.