#31 jocksock

jocksock

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationat sea

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:36 PM

skipper owner of marymanson cn2,scallops prawns and like  any kind of alchoholic refreshment.26 years on isle of mull, x kirkcudbright .mid mannered quite friendly hate fatmans guts
a pier wi nae beer is nae use

#32 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:44 PM

your a brave man calling him dwedge, he wanted to fight with my older brother when he called him that in the scottish fishing weekly when it was published out of oban, he was the editor at the time, the brother lived in tayinult at the time and had a karate club in oban, 6th dan black belt, might have been worth seeing?
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#33 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:24 PM

whos dredge  :o
Mr Richard JohnstonEEEEEEEEE Jnr

Sure its a grand oul team ti play for

#34 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationthe rosses,co.donegal

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:29 PM

glad you asked ricki as my nose was gettin the better of me as well lol
bend it,and if you can`t bend it,break it.

#35 Mrs R

Mrs R

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBallantrae

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:31 PM

How do you boys not know who "Dwedge" is and I do........................

#36 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:34 PM

well ive an excuse  mrs.r living in the aft end of nowhere!-but the reason my nose is botherin me is the names familiar for some reason!

#37 jocksock

jocksock

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationat sea

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:38 PM

thought u would pop up princess ,good 2 here u .
slow  2 this posting but every time i try 2reply new message is posted .no to name names but john dwedge macallister ,fleet operator,scallop king street oban
a pier wi nae beer is nae use

#38 Mrs R

Mrs R

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBallantrae

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:39 PM

Ok I will let you off but not Ricki..........

#39 Mrs R

Mrs R

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBallantrae

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:40 PM

Thank you Davy good to hear you too.........

#40 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

hello fiona ive lost touch last few weeks is it someone from girvan  ::o

#41 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:03 PM

It's only a couple of days ago that we were saying this is a nice friendly wee site where everybody gets on well with each other and we didnae need the likes of laughing boy's nasty slagging off and name calling antics,but it's started again lads !!.....and no I'm no in John dredges pocket or onybody elses for that matter,before anybody asks lol

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#42 Mrs R

Mrs R

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBallantrae

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:39 PM

Well Yr I will get this back to Introduction then........ I am Fiona not a fisherman but had a wee summer at it i the 80's, never to be repeated. Live in Ballantrae wit my wee hubby(Islander) and children ... and am the site's tolken female..... ::o

#43 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:02 PM

Ah but you're not on your own Mrs.R ,there's one more lady on here(Jackie P aka nurse Liverscot)but she isn't on that much....so you've got a bit of back up now lol

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#44 cmcbain

cmcbain

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPittenweem

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

Calum McBain, 25 years old. Come fae Pittenweem. Intrests are rugby, skiing, tractors, boats and anything to do with the sea.  Strong family connections with the fishing and offshore industries is where the interest in the sea comes from. Bucked the trend of my family members by training and working as an agricultural engineer.  Enjoying the gid banter on here!!

#45 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:05 PM

u 4got about jammy yr

#46 Mrs R

Mrs R

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBallantrae

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

Always the gentleman Yr .......Only one who ever refers to me as lady..................

#47 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:12 PM

should we start calling you eowyn? tall, blonde, independant, strong, intelligent and royalty!!!

you did say you were the sites tolken female, didn't you?

we could call a certain someone galadrial, well Mr. J does keep accusing him of being a bit of a fairy!!! ok so she's strictly an elf but where is the humour in that? ok i'll admit it, i still have my original copies of the hobbit and LOTR that i bought in 1973, among the few things i removed from the boat before it left.
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#48 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:46 PM

got a the dvds love it never get tiered o watching it its my precious

#49 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:53 PM

Tolkein is definately hobbit forming lads

#50 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

would that be a bad hobbit to have?

#51 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:23 PM

i wiz lake a wean who christmases had all come at once standin in the queue ootside the wee pictures waiting to get in to see the fellowship of the ring, I'd been waiting over 25yrs to see it, that sad my mother gave me a pewter gandalf chalice for my 40th, I've got the videos and the DVD box set too, I'll admit to having sat and watched the whole thing from start to finish at one sitting at least twice. even wrote my own book inspired by his works too, I'd just about finished it having written about 287,000 words when the first harry potter book was published so i just stopped, its sitting on a floppy disc somewhere in the hoose, it and another two which never got finished, one is set in a fictitious Clyde fishing town, haven't had a PC with a floppy drive for years so i haven't been able to get them onto a PC or the laptop so i can finish them, bloody J K Rowling ruined it for me, within six months of her first book coming out the market was flooded with similar books so i stopped writing. I'll need to give it another go, anything is better than some of the crap i write on here!!!!

#52 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:10 PM

was the same-like a youngster-was highly sceptical at first till my sis in law that also reads fantasy books seen it first and said she was gobsmacked at how good the film was-the scenes in the mines of moria were superb. had to be cautioned by the usher to keep my mouth shut as i kept a running commentary to daughter no 1 .

#53 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:19 PM

another thing i wondered about the film-what happened to tom bombadil?

#54 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:33 PM

i have a very amusing memory of the queue, in front of us was an old shipmate of islander and his two kids and his american girlfriend, the kids had obviously never read any of the books and she was trying to describe some of the characters that would be featured in the film, listening to her describe the difference between hobbits, dwarves, elves, orks etc was childishly amusing, my body language must have been giving me away as the wife kept poking me in the back to shut up, i wasn't  aware that i was even speaking!!!!!! a dwarf was apparently a small creature who lived to fight and drink, but had a good soul, personlly i thought she should have explained what a soul was as she appeared to be describing their father!!!!!!!

for years i had the song tom sang about himself running thru my mind, used to sing it to myself while sitting on the rail tailing, no idea where i got the tune from? i can still remember the tune but the words are long gone. i have a limited edition book that was produced at the time the films came out with the silmarillion and farmer giles of ham and other stories in it, the daughter won it on a radio contest, ok so it was on my own radio show and she was the only one that knew the right answer seeing as i set the question but i wasn't giving it away to just any numpty by setting something easy for a question, i never told her the answer and she did phone in, and someone else was answering the phone, and she's never been allowed to touch the books in case they get fingerprints on them, if i remember correctly they were going for about £90 and there were only a few hundred sets published. i read my two all the books when they were small, oh and i've only ever seen the first harry potter film which i fell asleep during and i've never read any of the books, theres one on skymovies this saturday so no doubt i'll have to sit thru it!!!

#55 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:53 PM

funnily enough i read all the harry potter books and they were surprisingly good-but then again being a big child i`m easily amused.

#56 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:14 PM

i've been speaking to you for months, you don't have to tell me that!!!!!

#57 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:38 PM

ach well just in case theres a llama herder in outer mongolia that`s after gettin the broadband and didn`t know lol

#58 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

Remember taking LOTR awa ti see wi ma an thocht that it wid last the hale trip o ten days ,wiz at the pair at the time think a read it in twa or three days hardly slept but aquired a special edition of it wi some artist doin the drawings and its worth aboot eichty or ninety quid and winna let the bairns read it ata , as for the films left enough out but still good effects and that am waiting with baited breathe for the Hobbit being finished , managed to get masel the old LOTR cartoon and the Return of the king cartoon as weel but hivenae watched at een yit
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#59 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:51 AM

its unlucky to mention the "H" film in case it never sees the light of day, was supposed to stert it after king kong and how long ago wiz that? i heard they cast a wee baldy CN skipper as wan oh the characters the LOTR as Boromir? and a fella fae john tar's neck oh the woods as wormtongue, mind you the fags i've smoked the day i could get the role of smaug, never did see masel as an auld dragon tho?

#60 Mrs R

Mrs R

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBallantrae

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:34 PM

A wee miss type from me and a new topic started.....lol........ ;D