143 replies to this topic

#1 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:16 PM

Barry McCrindle,work as a chief engineer on a yacht, own a small creel boat "Bajin BA777", www.bajin-ba777.co.uk.  Live just outside Ayr
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#2 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:28 PM

YOUNG KNOXY ( EUAN KNOX ) SECOND YEAR AT PRESTWICK ACADEMY. LIVE IN AYR. WANT TO BE A FISHERMAN WHEN I AM OLDER

#3 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:31 PM

is that your yacht that was in the news with mandie and the ruskie money? i noticed it has a name similiar to the one on the pic of you in uniform.

oh the point of this bit

Morris Shaw, campbeltown born and bred, opinionated, loudmouth, ex or rather former fisherman, ex implies i do something else now, fulltime house husband, except i don't spend my mornings having coffee, well ok i do but its by myself and this site is as close as i get to a social life, no don't feel sorry for me, in real life you are all probably very boring so like i do with all face to face conversations i'd probably end up singing a little song in my head and not hearing a word you say, or anyone for that matter "in the still of the night" i could have stopped with just my name? oh sorry, i wasn't listening, tuned out for a second there!! i'm off harry hill is on, much more interesting!!!
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#4 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:35 PM

We may have been very close to "Queen K"........

#5 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:46 PM

say no more, nudge nudge wink wink, nods as good as a wink to a blind man

showing my age there, our younger listeners will be clueless!!!

i left out the punchline for our more sensitive and fragile members.
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#6 Sweltered

Sweltered

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:01 AM

Younger and more handsomer brother of QW. Now residing in Florida, where it's way to hot, hence the nickname. Still it's better than standing in the back of a Steven's Lorry at 3am counting boxes of fish. If any of you were in Srabster between 1992 and 2000, I probably turned up like a bad smell.
"Hanging is the outlaw's path to glory and much too good for the likes of you."

#7 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:03 AM

James Jack skipper o the Aeolus still living in dunure

#8 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:30 AM

richard johnston juniour skipper adoration2 shangrila at times lol stay in thon bloody toon
Mr Richard JohnstonEEEEEEEEE Jnr

Sure its a grand oul team ti play for

#9 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:56 PM

Ronnie Marr 58 year old semi-retired fisherman and general heid case with schoolboy sense of humour.Dunbar born but now an Oban resident.Jack of many trades and master of nothing. Claim to fame?...connoisseur of Chardonnay and one of the original TP 6 a group of like minded bampots who should have been locked up years ago and the key thrown as far away as possible.

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#10 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:28 PM

agree with the last bit, glad i was banned and not tarred with the same brush, the madness only brushed past me, don't think theres any residue still lingering with me, green prawns anyone?

#11 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:30 PM

33 years old  ex fisherman also a founder of the TP 6 Formerly of The Broch,Rizarty and now Skye
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#12 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:06 PM

Are you incinerating that the occupants of oor wee cupboard are doo lally QW ??  How very dare you !!

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#13 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:22 PM

aye and i have just been recruited into the tp6 folk

#14 bryan DE127

bryan DE127

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:32 PM

Bryan Beckett 52       year old creel man own the bonnie lass de127 with my brother Allan.. heads has been full of fishing boats since i could walk. live in Carnoustie fish from Arbroath ps got to post some thing dont want to be a FO all the time,

#15 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationthe rosses,co.donegal

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

frank gallagher.skipper `restless wave`and general know it all ,from deepest,darkest donegal-next parish west-,newfoundland. and (ahem) original tp6 member.
bend it,and if you can`t bend it,break it.

#16 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:54 PM

mark hardy - man that thought it was a good idea to buy a 70 year old Fifie to play with/fish from, possible unhealthy obsession with masts (or lack of), often seen looking at telegraph poles with a tape measure in one hand, bow saw in the other.

Avoids 'proper' work by oiling macintosh computers and barking (a bit), once found a false leg that someone had left on a train, and if anyone trawls up a grey plastic bath tub complete with taps somewhere off peterhead it wasn't me

#17 Kevin Munro

Kevin Munro

Skipper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationElgin

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:59 PM

Fisherman aboard the Shekinah  INS 155, like a dram and a good craic.

#18 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:37 PM

never even knew you kept pigeons ronnie, nevermind that you were lally aboot them?, if its insanity you want i'll gie yez all a heid start and still be certified afore the lot oh ye!!!!
hell, i've got the certificate to prove it already, never fear theres no nurse here, my decision to laugh at recent events on here must prove i'm either mad, or mellowing in my old age, either that or its just my way of dealing with incidents like that, the moment it got personal i won the arguement, without it even starting, which is a pity, just ask the brothers who are members, if home alone i'll argue with a mirror, b ugger always gets the last word tho which p!sses me off!!!

#19 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:05 PM

Strangely enough I did have a doo as a pet when I was a kid. He was called Jocky(don't ask me why I picked that name)and we do have a nurse on the site (Nurse Liverscot followed us here),and as for laughing boy...you let him off gey lightly there.Were ye having an off day or are ye just mellowing wi' age !!

#20 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:45 PM

no, not having an off day, or mellowing in my old age, just realised that its pointless to argue with that sort on a website, i much rather look a man in the eye when i call him a c unt!!! just like dealing with the school bullies when you were young, always deck the biggest one first. i'm too busy hiding in my shed in case any locals see me and start sniggering at me!!

#21 Hooked

Hooked

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationMidsomer Norton, Nr Bath

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

Paul Cook, 35, son of a semen! (well former fisherman).  Married and have a young son, born 2008. Got relocated to England from Guernsey before i was old enough to have my say, my only chance of getting back there is if i win the lottery! In 1990, started work as a trainee Estate Agent, stuck with it and now run a small Independent Agency.  Have respect & love for the sea, enjoy fishing but will state i'm one of the good guys (both Angler & Estate Agent)!  8)

#22 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:33 PM

An angler and an estate agent ??....go for broke Paul and tell us you're a part time fishery officer and a special constable at week-ends as well  lol  !!!!

#23 Hooked

Hooked

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationMidsomer Norton, Nr Bath

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:39 PM

Well YR, as times are tough just now, you never know, might need that 2nd income soon,  8) thanks for the tips..lol

#24 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:53 PM

Is someone setting up mduplicate accounts here new members name "jjsahomo" hope no one poking fun at Jammy
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#25 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:19 PM

its only me tats allowed 2 slag my best pal james of the clyde

#26 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:19 PM

So is that an admission of guilt Ricki lol

#27 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:40 PM

ah probably just another person trying to have a "laughing" at my expense wullie

#28 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:47 PM

no jammy foned me i have no need 2 do tat on here goodness barry im shocked u even thought tat lol no i asure u it aint me

#29 Ambleman

Ambleman

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationAmble

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:10 PM

Ambleman. Aka Mackerel. Currently hiding from your reality in Amble.
Age - all the fives (5). Want to be a fisherman when I grow up but it seems to be taking a while.
Current occupations - creator, (TP6 and all that), bon viveur, raconteur, pics-taker and inn-patient.
If you tremble indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

#30 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:38 PM

And all round good egg .....albeit slightly scrambled !!