Craig Group - Oil tycoon held on assault rap

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

From the Scottish Sun @ http://www.thesun.co...ssault-rap.html

Rather embarrassing this for the Craig Group - North Star Shipping et al  :crazy2:

Oil tycoon held on assault rap

By STUART PATTERSON

Published: Today
rigTeaserImage
AN oil tycoon spent a night behind bars after a woman accused him of attacking her at his luxury home.

Married Douglas Craig, 59, was nicked after HE called cops to the house in Aberdeen where he was with blonde Alison Bradford.

He was held overnight and a report was sent to the fiscal but charges were later dropped.

Ms Bradford, 31 - described as a family friend - was also charged.

It's understood she had been drinking before the late-night incident on July 11.

Mr Craig, said to be worth £104million, is managing director of the Craig Group which includes shipping and oilfield divisions.

He refused to comment but his spokeswoman described the case as "a serious misunderstanding".

She added: "He doesn't want to talk about it. But the charges were dropped because the woman involved doesn't want to pursue it."

A source said Ms Bradford was "lying low".

They added: "She's a beautiful girl, one that certainly turns mens' heads."

A Crown Office spokesman confirmed the procurator fiscal decided to take "no further proceedings".

Mr Craig, who lives with wife Isobel, was awarded an MBE in 2005 for services to business.

The Craig Group was launched by his grandad in 1933 when it ran three deep sea trawlers from Aberdeen.

Its fortunes soared with the discovery of North Sea oil.

#2 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:09 PM

know what that is like when a physco female comes charging thru the door and then goes to the police saying "he dragged me in "

#3 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

know what that is like when a physco female comes charging thru the door and then goes to the police saying "he dragged me in "

Aye James - happens to me all of the time, got beyond a joke now though  :crazy2:

Regards

Steve E.

#4 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:37 PM

wish i was steve
some ppl dont take f**k off seriously

#5 homeward bound

homeward bound

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

surely just a misunderstanding, she"s a 31 year  old blonde ,his wife sitting at home late 50"s, him worth over a hundred million,  easy to see how silly stories start !!!!! :crazy2:

#6 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:23 PM

did howard no post a good joke along the lines o this story :crazy2:? lol

Reply to this topic