2 replies to this topic

#1 Piz Palü

Piz Palü

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:22 AM

One might probably not expect a German farmer in this forum... but I spent some years near Stornoway and still feel some sort of homesick. In February 1994 I got the chance to go out with the Stornoway based Comrade. An experience I will probably never forget... I suppose also the crew will not forget the woman who came out one day in rough sea and felt so seasick the first day that she had to spend it "downstairs" in the trainees bunk bed... the catch was rather poor what was to be expected with a woman on board.
But still it's good memories. Unfortunately I lost contact completely.
I've been looking for some photos of the old Comrade in the gallery but couldn't find it. The Comrade pictures in the gallery seem to be of a more modern boat.
Anyone who knows something about the old Comrade? Anyone in touch with the crew?

P.S.: If someone means I should use the spell check he should just consider that I am not a native English speaker so probably even the check couldn't help

#2 Kevin Munro

Kevin Munro

Skipper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationElgin

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:27 AM

Hello piz palu, welome to the sight. Hope you enjoy it.

We fish alongside the Comrade most days, i have a number for the boat. I will contact him tomorow and ask him for his details and forward them to you.

Regards

Kevin

#3 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:50 AM

Hi Piz

No problem at all with your command of English - hope you find more information on the boat that you are asking about  :idiot2:

Reply to this topic