7 replies to this topic

#1 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:29 PM

If anyone gets offered a4 blade prop 60" super stone or hear's of one kicking about, it was stolen from my uncles garden last night.  It has still the shaft and pilgrim nut on it where it was gas axed off the "Huntress", more sentimental value than anything.
It was also highly polished
Thieving scum seabasss
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#2 3762dazzer

3762dazzer

Mate

• Moderators
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEast Cornwall

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:43 PM

Dare I suggest it'll already be sold to a scrapyard Baz

Thieving scum stole the bronze plaques from the war memorial on Plymouth Hoe and they were found in a scrap yard (they rang the police mind good on em) staggers me what these theiving b******s will have away :)

#3 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

Know a lot of the guys around here in scrap yards, so they have their eyes open and have put the word out to as many guys as they know.
It would have been a hell of lump to move took myself, my dad and uncle to lift it out of the trailer when we picked it up
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#4 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationthe rosses,co.donegal

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

lousy trick stealing a prop-but valuable at the minute. have a big gardner one as well in the garden and i`m worried as well somebody will be away with it.
 but somebody stealing a plaque of a war memorial? dirty b******s.
bend it,and if you can`t bend it,break it.

#5 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:32 PM

when i saw the heading stolen prop i thought somebody had their pint nicked, but thats worse, they, ever who they are? will steal anything, i read in the paper today about a gang who stole all the slates off a house roof, said it would have taken several days!!!! excuse the pun but you need some brass neck to do a thing like that, in the case of the prop it wouldn't have been a spur of the moment thing, they obviously cased the joint, maybe even for several days so they could pick the right time to nick it, might even have stolen it to order, you never know, even worse are the gangs stealing tractors then exporting them to eastern europe. only blessing or maybe not in an odd case is that they haven't started stealing trawlers!!!
[move]How is Jonah?:)???[/move]
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#6 johntar tt10

johntar tt10

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationtarbert

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:44 PM

Mind years back when Drew had a wee black stern trawler we went into Ayr one night and met him and said we hadnae seen him about that day,
told us some thieving bastard had stolen gearbox out of the boat at week-end!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Martin Johns

Martin Johns

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPlymouth

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:54 PM

I was working in an 18 bedroom ex-care home yesterday. It had been used for student lets & had been left empty since June. Some theives bastards have been in & wrenched all the copper pipe out of the place, without turning the water of gas off first  ;D What a mess !
Still, it keeps me busy replacing it all  :)
All this sort of thing will probably become less common thankfully, due to the collapse of scap metal prices..............although it may take a while for the scumbag numpties to realise this. 

#8 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationthe rosses,co.donegal

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:11 PM

another really dirty and ultimately dangerous thieving trick that was done here was somebody years ago stole a fill of diesel out of one of the 50`gillnetters-lucky at the time the boat or the crew wasn`t lost over the head of it.
bend it,and if you can`t bend it,break it.

Reply to this topic