48 replies to this topic

#1 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:51 PM

DIDNT KNOW WHERE TO PUT THIS. IS IT JUST ME OR IS THE WEBSITE RUNNING KIND OF SLOW JUST NOW

#2 Fishermen-Jordan

Fishermen-Jordan

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationExmouth, Devon

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

site is running slow just now

#3 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

We are upgrading the programming and changing over servers at the minute, so it is running a bit slow, about a slow as Knoxy tailin prawns
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#4 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:02 PM

I WIT KNOXY THOUGH AULD KNOXY OR YOUNG KNOXY

#5 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:05 PM

Don't even start, I was talkin about you

#6 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:11 PM

oh sorry if i anoyed you

#7 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:42 PM

i think you and jordon would be better sending PM's to all the admin, if you send them all one every two minutes it will actually speed up the site due to the fact that theres something very technica that i don't understand but for some reason it does something called extrapestillation, something to do with programming code, too clever for me to fathom out, all i know is it works and frees up internal RAM and basic memory of the processing megannoy function, ten or twelve messages usually triggers the changeoverl, the content of the messages isn't important as long as you type a minimum of 100 characters or letters in each messasge, i didn't believe it worked until i tried it on another site, the reaction was instant and solved the problem, i never had further connection incidents on the sites, give it a try or you might have further problems when logged into the site, i'm going to start sending the PM's now, the more that do it the sooner we'll get a reception inclination.
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#8 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:45 PM

just type "Banned" 100 times, and then click your heels together 3 times and repeat there's no place like home.
Sit there for ten minutes and try and log back in.............
See what message you get on your screen when you try it ;D

#9 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:51 PM

just trying to help the young fla's to use their initiative, they need to learn sometime
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#10 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:11 PM

IF I DO THAT I WILL GET BANNED PROBABLEY

#11 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:14 PM

you reckon? there is another method you could try, its the spellcheck button beside the post button whe nyou're writing a message, it'll probably be of some help to you

#12 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:20 PM

I FORGOT ABOUT THE SPELL CHECK BUTTON SORRY WILL NEED TO USE IT MORE OFTON

#13 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:38 PM

i'll put it down to the time of day, your overtired, well past your bedtime young man, do you often get to wait up this late?, i'm pretty sure that of all the young teens in their bedroom at this time on a friday night, on a computer you're the only one logged into a fishing website, i'm sure your skipper will be able to give you the addresses of some other sites to broaden your experiences online, with lots of nice clams and other fishy things on them.

too much? can i blame the hour and my condition? i'm seeing two screens and have to close one eye to see what i'm writing, by the time the pills wear off everyone wil have turned in, my own crowd have fled to bed to avoid my gittering on any boring subject that pops into my head. sorry!!!!

#14 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:21 AM

I WAS VERY OVERTIRED LAST NIGHT BUT IM BACK AND STILL TIRED BUT WE MUST PUSH ON. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG THE SITE IS GOIN TO BE RUNNING THIS SLOW

#15 calumbo

calumbo

Mate

• Administrators
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDunure

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:36 AM

Why are you shouting?? DID YOU KNOW THAT ON THE INTERNET WHEN YOU TYPE IN CAPITALS IT IS JUST LIKE SHOUTING. There is a caps lock key on the left hand side of your keyboard, if you press it it lets you type in small letters.... What browser are you using? We have just moved onto a dedicated server so the site should be running faster than it was before.

#16 Young Knoxy

Young Knoxy

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAYR, SCOTLAND

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:58 AM

sorry i had just came on and hadnt changed it to normal letters. i am with tiscali but it is only this site that is running slow

#17 calumbo

calumbo

Mate

• Administrators
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDunure

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:06 PM

We are looking into it - If any other members are experiencing the site running slowly can they please post in this thread, thanks..

#18 aitivated

aitivated

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:34 PM

Hi, I find it very slow, more than 30secs to change a page. Message in bottom left says connecting to 80.76.219.98, then eventually says Reading Trawler pictures, before going to page. I am using Firefox

#19 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:21 PM

suggestion for and vaguely PC savvy folks that are having 'issues'

run your terminal/command line application

type the following

ping trawlerpictures.net

ping is named in a sonar stylee... it send a quick meesage to the server and waits for a reply then tells you how long it took to get there and back again

my isp is BT, and I'm getting a response of about 50milliseconds.

I'd also recommend ditching Internet Explorer and use Firefox.  not just because its quicker, its all so safer and more secure

#20 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:26 PM

Running slow with IE7 as well must be a glitch with the programming
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#21 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:33 PM

I've tried a change from Internet Explorer to Firefox and there's no change in the speed,still dead slow.Any helpful  suggestions(other than stick your computer up yer a**e) would be most welcome.

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#22 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:36 PM

Unfortunate thing is its been running fine with me, been running faster than it's ever been have contacted the hosts to find out what the hell is going on

#23 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:46 PM

Around 45 seconds to change a page with Firefox as opposed to Explorer which was taking anything up to 2 minutes.Still helluva slow at 45 secs.though.By the time the page comes up I'll have forgotten what I was going to say !!

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#24 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:49 PM

hmmm.

another possibility...

try emptying your browser's cache....

#25 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:56 PM

might have found it, but dunno who to PM for responsibility!

done some nerdy techy stuff and traced this file:

http://80.76.219.98/...lt/xml_board.js

its throwing a time out, so... depending on the order a page loads, isp's/browsers might just continue with the rest of the elements and wait for this, or hang on this till it times out and then load the rest

possible permissions server side, should maybe CHMOD 777

possible issue with the php configuration on the server - limiting number of connection, or not parsing xml via javascript (file called php.ini on the server sets that)

sorry for going all geeky BTW, I promise I don't actually own an anorak or watch star trek

#26 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:14 PM

defo something in the board them

http://80.76.219.98/...fault/print.css
http://80.76.219.98/...fault/script.js
http://80.76.219.98/...t/spellcheck.js
http://80.76.219.98/...lt/xml_topic.js

all throwing a wobbly at various times... might be worth re-installing the board theme maybe??

#27 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:24 PM

I have reset all the themes, running faster on my other computer now anyone else?

#28 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:26 PM

Going like a fiddlers elbow now Barry.

#29 Xander Fulton

Xander Fulton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

hi barry it's xander tryed everything but still running very slow sometimes takes as much as a minuite and a half for basic changes

#30 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:32 PM

Going like a fiddlers elbow now Barry.
Just had a bit of tennis elbow for a while, shot of cortisone right between the joint seems to have done it

Reply to this topic